Don Imus Humiliates Laura Hillenbrand

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monkeyswithwings, Apr 16, 2011.

1. monkeyswithwings

monkeyswithwings New Member

Letter to Fox Business News, April 15, 2011:

I love the crotchety old cowboy and he certainly does more good than harm, but,... (here it comes) I was sickened when he and Charles McCord humiliated Laura Hillenbrand for her illness, and then repeated a clip where he miffed that chronic fatigue syndrome could be resolved with "a couple of black beauties and a bag of blow". It's not funny and I know he wants to be funny.
    CFS is a life long illness that debilitates millions in this country. Jokes and hideous slights about this disease ruins lives and shatters families with their ignorance and misunderstanding.
    Please do your homework.

rik carlson
    Burlington Vermont

"Turning the Tides of Modern Medicine is no Small Task."
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dr. Weil once quipped that he just "loves treating people with immune and autoimmune diseases because he has the cure." He tells them to fall in love and all their symptoms just disappear. I refuse to ever buy anything this old hack/quack is selling. He is hardly a poster boy for fitness and yet, that was what he was promoting. Physician, heal thyself.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I was watching something, I think it was Larry King, and he was just one on the panel of guests. It was a few years ago and I've not cared for him since then. How insulting to tell sick people to "fall in love." Yikes!

Love, Mikie
  4. Jeramy

Jeramy New Member

Well, "falling in love" did help me a GREAT deal, BUT I still have plenty of symptoms. I am not "cured" by any means. But having a great supportive spouse does make a huge difference. I am much better than I used to be.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The value of having a loving, caring person in one's life. Yes, in the first stages of infatuation, the brain releases chemicals which can almost raise the dead but that's not a cure for our illnesses and it's not love. It's "falling in love" which can lead to real love which can be one of God's blessings. Supportive spouses can make a real difference in our lives for the better but, again, it's not a cure.

Not only was Weil wrong but he managed to marginalize our illnesses and insult us and the illnesses we bear.

Love, Mikie
    [This Message was Edited on 04/20/2011]
  6. ashleyw83

ashleyw83 New Member

Isn't this guy known for being an idiot though? I know his name vaguely and I associate it with idiotic statements on numerous issues so.. yeah ha ha. Idiots can go on being idiotic. That's life.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Was due to a very racist remark he made on the air. I much prefer "Morning Joe" with Joe Scarborough. He has great guests and they always look at politics from both sides.

Imus is now on radio, the last refuge of the nut cases and politically incorrect.

Love, Mikie
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, MSNBC has its share of nutcases but the Scarborough show is pretty fair. Imus used to have some really good guests from all sides of the issues and I watched him but he could be an ass. Actually, Joe is an ass sometimes too but they are fair like Imus used to be.

There are good shows and not-so-good shows on radio but it just seems as though when someone is canned from TV for being an ass, he almost immediately gets a radio show. Not all radio personalities are nut cases. Sorry if I gave that impression.

All media has nut cases on both sides of the aisle. I read the columns in the newspaper and it's the same thing there.

No matter where we get our info, we have to think for ourselves and not believe everything we see, hear or read.

Love, Mikie