Don't always assume it's the Fibro. . .

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by satchya, Mar 17, 2009.

1. satchya

satchya New Member

I've been suffering blinding headaches for about a month, they came on suddenly and eventually progressed to headaches plus toothaches, plus earaches, etc. I was also even more exhausted than usual. I tried upping my exercise, cutting out exercise, adding sleep, taking more muscle relaxants, less muscle relaxants, more sleep medicine, less sleep medicine, more pain killers, less pain killers, etc. I did lots of "research" on the web and figured my symptoms were caused by my fibromyalgia and inflammatory arthritis.

Finally, my husband got worried enough about me to insist I go to the Urgent Care clinic and at least be seen about them. I didn't want to go because I'm so sick of either being told everything looks "normal" or that it's because of my fibromyalgia and arthritis.

Turns out I had a raging sinus infection. My ear drums were red and swollen, inside my nose was swollen, my throat was red and raw, fever, etc., etc. Four days of antibiotics later and i'm feeling like a new woman. I still have fibromyalgia and arthritis but I don't have a sinus infection anymore ;) LOL

Just wanted to share this experience because I'm sure we all go through this at one time or another and it's so easy to blame everything on the fibro and not want to go through the "embarassment" of another wasted doctor's appointment.