Don't Bungee Jump Naked funny ("Clean")

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sues1, Jan 17, 2010.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

Need some good laughs....try this lady. She has good clean humor and has other videos here to watch.

A great way to start the day with laughs, I am keeping her web site for those days I need a pick me up.
    This woman is hilarious, she has other Utube shows, watch the "Don't send a man to the grocery store".

"Don't bungee jump naked."

Click here: (copy and paste) YouTube - Jeanne Robertson "Don't bungee jump naked."

I hope you enjoy it.......we need all the grin and giggles we can get! Susan

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

sounds like the title of a book by David Sedaris. Personally I wouldn't
    jump off anything higher than an unabridged dictionary.

Carrol Burnett was in some skit where she asked, "Hello, are you in
    there." Can't remember which one. Too bad they no longer make
    TV variety shows or movie musicals.

3. sues1

sues1 New Member

Miss them......I do not remember that skit with Carol Burnett, I loved her and her gang.

All the ta-do about late night show and who gets it right now......problem is that they are looking for Johnnie and he is gone. I remember when Steve Alan was on and Jack Parr also.
    I did not like Johnnie at first but grew to love his ways...Have not watched the Late Night Show much since.

Same gal that did the Don't Bungy Jump Naked has another on there about sending her husband to the is funny.

I love all your posts Rock.....and look forward to them. Better that late Night Show......LOL..........Blessings to you and Gordan...........Susan
  4. rockgor

Thank you for your kind words. Didn't we use to talk, or am I thinking of another
    Susan? Everything is kinda hazy nowadays. Had not played bridge for 5 years.
    Decided to try and play on-line a couple weeks ago. Can't remember the cards.
    Couple of times I got confusiated over what the trump suit was.

Jack Parr was the host of Tonight when I was in High School. My mother and I watched
    regularly. He had a quick wit and he (or his staff) found interesting guests. For the
    last some decades it's been an endless parade of stars who bring a clip of
    their latest movie.

But Jack had people like Peggy Cass, Jack Douglas, Cliff Arquette, Genevieve,
    Alexander King, Hermione Gingold, etc. People who could converse and tell a
    an entertaining story.

Took my mother to see Side by "Side by Sondheim" in the 70s. Not a very good
    show since the music was by Sondheim, but Hermione was the MC. She also
    sang one number. I think it involved banging a tympani now and then. Anyhoo
    she was the star.

Gordon made chicken soup today and fixed rice and some kind of mild fish for
    dinner which was very nice since he doesn't eat fish. He's over at his mother's
    right now to walk the dog.

Have you been away. Haven't seen any posts from you in a while. Things
    better, worser, the samer?

Ha det bra
  5. rockgor

I saw your post on the Loungers thread re: cancer. Actually I saw it earlier but
    didn't connect it w/ you. I am so sorry to hear that. Do the drs. think
    you are cancer-free now?

My mother had cancer way back in the 50s when she was pregnant w/ my
    little sister. Even though medicine was relatively primitive back then, my
    mother lived almost another 50 years after her surgery. Lived to be 84.

I think that is both startling and alarming that you found fibro worse than
    cancer. I am very lucky. Even though I have several medical problems, I
    have mobility and am w/o pain (except when my back goes out and I can't
    walk). But regular chiropractic visits keep my back in pretty good shape.

Anyway, good to hear from you.

6. rockgor

the table of contents, there is a message here which was posted at 7:49 AM. Message
    number 4.

A message w/ the same time can allegedly be found on the porch, but I don't
    see that either. Is the board's computer goofy or am I?

Inquiring minds want to know.

7. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Sues, so sorry that you had to deal with cancer. It sounds like this was a long time ago and that you are doing better? I certainly hope so.

Sues and Rock do you remember when Jack Paar got in trouble for telling a joke that would be tame by today's standards? Something inquiring about a WC, got a letter back describing the seating arrangements in a Church. I should look that one up.

Oh, and Jonathan Winters!!

There was someone who literally dragged Jack Parr or Johnny Carson under the stage desk because she was drunk and apparently horny? Do either of you remember who that was?

Thanks for the memories.

8. rockgor

I looked (just briefly) for the wayside church joke. Couldn't find it. But I
    remember the basic concept.

The problem arose when one party thought W.C. referred to a wayside
    church and the other was thinking of a water closet.

And so numerous double entendres appeared. "Our WC generally provides room
    for about 75, but we squeeze more in on holidays."

Jack didn't really get into trouble. He got mad. When the censor cut the joke
    out of the broadcast, he quit. On the air! But he came back again a few weeks

A water closet, BTW, is a bathroom. When I was a kid, most of the houses in
    our village had a water closet. The homes were built ca. 1900. None of
    them had bathrooms.

The bathroom was added later. A closet was converted. When my uncle's farm
    got an inside bathroom in the early 1950s, it was their cloakroom that was
    converted. So it was much larger than a typical bathroom of the time.

Nobody had more than one bathroom in a house. Our neighbors had 6 kids. The
    converted closet was so tiny it had no sink or tub. But people were glad to have
    any kind of indoor facility.

I think you can see snippets of the Paar Tonight Show on Youtube. I remember
    one where Jonathan Winters was handed a wallet and told to do something
    with it. He used it as a prop. A book, a phone, etc. (or was that w/ Dick

Just woke up. There is a cat at the window. It's either Mama or Huckle. Better
    go see.

9. sues1

sues1 New Member

YEP! I remember Jack Paar walking off the set crying because of the network coming down on him for using the word "Water Closet"......but I was thinking it was the word "John".....oh well.

My cancer operation was about 31 mos. ago. Cancer is not the death sentence it once was and they constantly come up with new treatments, etc. Yes, it is not something to ignore or not to give it your all if you find you have it, but there is some wonderful people out there that works with Cancer folks.

I found out that attitude was the #1 healer. From the beginning I refused to let anyone boo-hoo or "play a sobbing violin". We had more jokes and love then ever. I was surrounded with Love and Peace and a positive attitude by all. mine was major yet Drs., nurses and all were amazed at how well I went through all.

I had radiation every day for over a month. One elderly lady (and I am one myself) would be in the waiting area with the others waiting for treatment. My daughter-in-law insisted on taking me every day that my husband was not available, Bless her. She would be there and another lady always with a family member and we would talk and laugh. The elderly lady made a complaint that the others (others mentioned here) was not talking all of this seriously. I think she wanted gloom and doom. But the staff ignored her request on shutting us up.

I would tell things like when one son in hearing all I had to do said, "Wow Mom, that will cost you an arm and a leg"...and I added...."A breast too"......

In any illness we must keep up our humor and priorites. I was blessed.........Susan
  10. sues1

sues1 New Member

The lady that made such a fool of herself. I can only barely remember it, but she was something else.

My cancer was 31 mos. ago, that is when I had the operation. So far so good......

They are making great strides with Cancer, but still they have a long way to go. I have found much cancer in my paternal grandmothers side of the family. So anyone with cancer in their family tree should even be more aware and have mammograms and check ups. The sooner it is caught, the better the results and all will be.

11. sues1

sues1 New Member

This board has been with us for years and what we have must be contagious and this board now has CFIDS/FIBRO........for it thinks like us......the thoughts are there....but all jumbled.

My husband says he keeps me around for grins and giggles as I sometimes use the wrong word and ......well it makes no sense or chances the whole meaning.

12. sues1

sues1 New Member

This board has been with us for years and what we have must be contagious and this board now has CFIDS/FIBRO........for it thinks like us......the thoughts are there....but all jumbled.

My husband says he keeps me around for grins and giggles as I sometimes use the wrong word and ......well it makes no sense or chances the whole meaning.