Don't drink while I eat????????????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kurt, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Kurt

Kurt New Member

I have seen a couple of people post something like the following: we should not drink when we eat. What is the basis for that statement. In other words, why? Thank you!

Kurt R. Woodfin
  2. Kurt

Kurt New Member

I have seen a couple of people post something like the following: we should not drink when we eat. What is the basis for that statement. In other words, why? Thank you!

Kurt R. Woodfin
  3. caring

caring New Member

Now you have to first no my memory is little but I think I was told it somehow interfered with the digestion and absorbion of our food. See I can't spell either but I care.

Hope this helps a little.
    pat
  4. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

Ideally, we should not drink with our meals. It interferes with the digestive enzymes and consequently the digestive process. Of course, I drink a little with my meals, but not a full glass of water, like I drink in-between meals.

Annette
  5. Kurt

Kurt New Member

Pretty funny, but good question!

Kurt
  6. ValG

ValG New Member

I don't see what the point would be to separate solids from liquids. I juice vegetables. From 2 celery stalks and 2 carrots I get 8 oz. of liquid. Valerie
  7. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

so if you juice raw fruits or veggies, you still have live enzymes. It doesn't matter if you consume it in a solid or a liquid form. Its still loaded with enzymes. Water, on the other hand, has no enzymes, so it tends to dilute the gastric juices and you don't digest at the optimal level. I don't have a definitive answer on soups, but I would venture to guess that if its highly watered down its not as beneficial to you as soup that contains less water.

Annette
  8. ValG

ValG New Member

Is it just water you're talking about drinking with a meal?
  9. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

that's all you drink. And, really, that's pretty much all we should be drinking. But if you drink soda (okay you don't have to admit to this lol) don't drink it with meals. A friend of mine has borrowed my book that goes into details on this, so I don't have a reference to draw on at the moment.

Annette