Don't give up hope

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by monkeykat, Jun 23, 2004.

1. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi, if you're trying to regain some hope for healing then read this scripture. I thought it was powerful.

Now when Jesus had come into Peter's house, He saw his wife's mother lying sick with a fever. So He touched her hand, and the fever left her. And she arose and served them.

When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: "He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses."
    Matthew 8:14-17

Have a great day! Monkeykat
  2. bakron

bakron New Member

And I know how Christ can heal. But, remember Paul and his "affliction?" For many reasons, God allows what comes into our lives. One thing that I'm sure is that He only allows what load we can bear and no more. I truly believe that there are reasons why people go through pain and suffering in this life. Whether it is to let Christ show through by healing or example, there is a reason. Patience is important just as hope and faith are.
  3. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

I agree that suffering has it's place as well as healing. It's finding a place of balance between patience, endurance, surrender, hope & faith! Monkeykat