DONT GIVE UP ON SSD I WON AFTER 3 YEARS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by desertbreeze, Apr 26, 2007.

1. desertbreeze

desertbreeze New Member

HI EVERYBODY well i just received two big checks from ssi the first was for 1,869.00 and the second was last week for 7,242.44 only because now i dont qualify for ssi. because my disability check monthly is over 1,000.00 a month. and now im waiting for my big check around 12,000.00 what a burn on binder and binder they only got the min.they were so bad the just didnt even like him. well got to go for now. just hang in there and you will get approved just like others here told me to hang in there when i was really down about the ssd. rene
  2. jmq

jmq New Member

This is great news....I am just about to start the process...at least my LTD from work. Then SSDI will be next. I am nervous and I am going to try it on my own without an atty. How long did the whole process take you? Do you have FMS or other dx?
    I am so happy for you!
    jmq
  3. desertbreeze

desertbreeze New Member

hi well the whole process took just about 3 years. now im still waiting for my last big check. but the good news is that my regular ssd monthly checks start on may 3rd-----IAM SO HAPPY!!!!!! so tireddddd of waitingggggg
  4. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Great News! Now go out and clelbrate!!
    Mini
  5. momof471

momof471 New Member

and enjoy, I can't wait for the day I can say that my fight with SSD is over!

God Bless
  6. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

I'm about a year into the process and I'm at the point now I'm waiting for my court date with the judge, man do I dread that day.

Besides the fatigue issues from thyroid/adrenal that I can't seem to get lined out I herniated a disc in my back last year so am trying on all accounts. I've been unable to work for three years now.

Congrats again and hope mine turns out as well as yours!

Deb

7. Cinderbug

Cinderbug New Member

3 years seems like forever to wait when you're sick. I am glad your wait is finally over.

I am in the reconsideration stage and am holding my breath, so I'm always happy to hear of someone who made it through the process.

[This Message was Edited on 04/30/2007]
  8. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and I have been thinking I should apply. Thanks for giving some hope to us.

Wishing you many more blessings to come!

Carolin
  9. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I am happy for you!!!!!!!!!! I know it is a BIG relief! My attorney just applied for a hearing for me, so I'm expecting a wait of at least 1 to 1&1/2 years.

Good to hear of your great news!

God bless,

Debbie
  10. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

that is great news. I too just got my approval notice in the mail but have not recived any chekes as yet I have an apt on the 3rd with my local office not sure why.

my notice said partcial approval and I 2 have waited 3 years actualy would have been three years dec of this year.

but they inly went back as far as 05 rather than 04 when I filed.

so I have no idea how much I well get other than what my ssi statement told me which was 512.00 a month.

Congradualtions to you. And too All of us here listen to desertbreeze do not give up I didn't and I didn't have an attorney to help me either.

Puffy
  11. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

There are so many here that try to get the SSD and its always a wonderful thing when one of us wins!! I got mine in Nov and it was the best day of my life. I couldnt stop crying and thanking God.

Buy something for yourself, even if its small. I saved 1,000 from mine and bought things for the house that I needed or wanted. One of my favorite things I bought that brings me pleasure everyday, are the shower curtain holders shaped like a boat, palm tree, fish, and something else. I look at them everytime Im in the bathroom and they only cost $9.00.

We dont need much to make us happy!!:)

Suzette
  12. Engel

Engel New Member

So glad to hear you FINALLY got it. So I gather you would not recommend Binder & Binder?
  13. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

I read that we have to claim that money on our taxes do you know if thats true? If so it would be a real burn on us wouldn't it I sure hope we don't.

Puffy