Don't have any friends

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suexi, Feb 6, 2006.

1. suexi

suexi New Member

Been sick for 4 years. My so called friends are not my friends anymore because they were mostly guys anyway. None of them were supportive so I got rid of them. It's always about one thing in the end. You can guess what I am talking about. Men cannot be friends with women, point blank.
    My life sucks right now. Eating healthy. hooray! BFD; I miss my sodas & chips. :(
    Don't have a decent doctor. Can't decide where to go for help. I have to get well for sure now cause I don't want to live an isolated life FOREVER! I get out, yeah but only to run errands, grocery shopping, and take care of business. Maybe I just feel like sh*& because I just started. I am so sick of this. Does anyone else feel like this. I wish I had friends in my area that have this so they can relate. I really miss my old life. Just venting, I know this will pass.
    Thanks for listening,
    Susan
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Most of us have been there. And, yes, these DD's are very isolating. So many people don't understand what it is that's going on with us, and that fact make us not want to share.

Just the other day, I shared with a good friend that my husband thinks that I should start trying to get disability. She looked at me with disbelief and said, "why?" Now, she knows what I've gone through! What a horrendous blow! Needless to say, I've isolated that part of my life from her now, and probably "won't go there again" with her.

Hmmm. Sound like your son is a jewel! My children try to understand but really don't. My youngest is 33 and oldest 39. All live away from me. My mother is a support, but she is 85 and lives an hour away.

These DD's really "suck" don't they? Anyway, try to remember that "this to shall pass." You'll see the sun soon after the fog you are in passes. My thoughts and prayers are with you Susan.

L, Jeannette
  3. Banka8

Banka8 New Member

Hi Suexi,

You have probably heard of the Marshall Protocol by now since you have been a member of this message board for awhile.

I have had CFS for 19 years. I am on full MP for six months now and symptoms are clearing up little by little.

Life for me has taken on new hope. Please visit the Marshall Protocol website and read all the information there and read the progress reports of members on the protocol. This treatment makes sense and is helping lots of people. The Marshall Protocol does not use supplements only FDA approved safe medictions. While I have nothing against supplements and haved used many supplements in the past you will not find a cure using them.

Your posting touched me. We have all been there. Don't waste to many more years being sick. The Marshall Protocol is not a walk in the park and it takes a person with an open mind and stick to it attitude. But it is worth it.
    Even if you decide the MP is not for you right now visit the board and keep watching the progress reports.

I wish you all the best and hope things go better for you in the future.

Take care
    Judy

4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi, I know what you mean. It does get a bit lonesome at times. I spend most of my time at home. I don't have but a few friends left. Most people get tired of hearing about how sick I feel. I miss my old life too! I've been sick for about 8 years. I hope you feel better soon!
    Kellyann
  5. suexi

suexi New Member

I want to get better. I am feeling really depressed right now. I checked out the MP, sounds interesting but I am sure my doc will not go through all that. I wouldn't know how to present it to him to begin with. He is just a GP.
    All these therapies, supplements,etc.... I am getting so confused. I think you are definitely right about supps not going to cure me. Maybe I will just stop alot of them. I am spending way too much $ anyway.
    thanks,
    Susan
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

it's a hard, isolated, boring life most of us have with this disease, friends move on, nothing really improves.

Some of us cant even get to the corner store on a regular basis.

But hey, you have your son, you have your mind and you have everyone here. I think supplements help a lot.

love
    Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 02/07/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/07/2006]
  7. rbecca47

rbecca47 New Member

I know where you are coming from. I don't really have any friends either. If it wasn't for my kids and grandkids i would be alone. I to miss my old life. I worked, did things, went places. I haven't been to a movie in over 5yrs. I only go out to grocery shop,doctors apt.,and family get togethers. I don't want to be alone the rest of my life, but i don't see meeting anyone in the near future. I truly hope thing start to look up for you. i found on this board we are alone. hang in there.
    becca
  8. suexi

suexi New Member

Don't know where I would be without everyone here. What a frightening thought. Especially since I never really got a diagnosis from a doc; just self-diagnosis with the confirmation of all the symptoms I have read here.
    Susan
  9. andrea1459

andrea1459 New Member

i know what you mean too, im 23 and my friends are out partying, traveling, doing all these cool things and im at home and in bed..i try not to think about them though..
  10. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Rosie here.

I thought I might have sounded a bit harsh and it wasn't my intention.

It's just that this is such a hard illness to cope with mentally as well as physically and it's sometimes better not to dwell on what we no longer have and what we can no longer do.

Of course it's not always possible to be positive and that's why I'm sorry, I should have worded my message a bit better.

I've lost friends too, ms Moody is right, were they ever friends in the first place.

I hope you will be feeling stronger soon.

love
    Rosie
  11. darude

darude New Member

You DO have friends RIGHT HERE we are all in the same boat!! CRappy boat but we are in it together.

Hug Annie the Londoner
  12. darude

darude New Member

You DO have friends RIGHT HERE we are all in the same boat!! CRappy boat but we are in it together.

Hug Annie the Londoner
  13. ScooterD

ScooterD New Member

Hi,
    I'm so glad you took the time to express your feelings. I have days when my loss of friends or family really bother me. It's always good to know we have so many people that know what/why we're feeling what we do! Bless all on this Board.

If anything good has come out of all this DD, I now know what the true definition of 'friend' is - the few that believe me, help me, stand by me. So I've learned I would rather have even just one true friend than a roomful of so-called friends!

There is so much I miss about my old life too. I am so glad we all can come here to talk about these things. It helps a lot.

Oh - sometimes a girl needs to breakdown and have a little chips/soda when she's feeling down! :>)

Nice to meet your friend,
    Scooter
  14. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I DO HAVE FRIENDS IN THE AREA, BUT THEY AREN'T CONCERNED really. It is only people who suffer who help people who suffer unless one has a great DH like I do.

I have found that I can say all I need to here and get satisfaction from this and it is so much more meanimngful than having "friends" skirt around me.

i too sometimes think, Is this as good as it gets(loved that movie). As all I seem to do is walk, run errands, do sihes and laundry. I want some FIRE back in my life too. This WILL COME. Hey, I played 20 mins of raquet ball yesterday. But I know what you mean.......

Love Anne