Don't know how much longer I can do this.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bab72410, Mar 2, 2010.

1. bab72410

bab72410 New Member

I have Fibromyalgia really bad. My immune system is very sluggish. I pick up everything. So

not only do I hurt and have all the Fibro things, I pick up every illness anyone I come into

contact with has, and of course get it twice as bad and twice as long. I have not had a full

week of health in I don't know when. I feel like a broken record when I talk to people and I

hear allot of Your sick again". I have chronic illness depression and Anxiety/panic attacks also.

I have reached out to everyone who cares about me as well as all my doctors. Nobody knows what to do with me or for me. Its very hard to cope knowing no one can help you. How do

you get by knowing You are in misery and know one can help you? I am only 38yrs old, I have

been doing this for at least 15 years with the last 2 or 3 yrs really taking its toll. I have a great husband, grown son and a 14 yr. old daughter she to has chronic medical problems.

She need me fully not partly. My husband tries but it does get to him too. I don't even know who I am anymore. This illness has taking so much from me. My career being just one of

many. Please anyone, what do I do. Iam desperate. I don't want to live like this anymore. (I would not kill myself). I take Deseryl,xanax, cataflam, ultercet, nexium, and percocet. I have tried cymbalta, lyrica,sevella, lunesta, ambien,zoloft and prozac among others. I had reactions to all of them.
  2. wendysj

wendysj New Member

I am so sorry you're having such a hard time right now. When the "clouds" come in on me, it's very hard to even remember what sunny days felt like.

I know you feel like you catch everything... Is there a chance you have cfs? I know I always think I'm getting the flu but it's just another flare starting up. Sore throat, low grade fever SEVERE fatigue, foggy vision, etc. It's just a thought.

I know what you mean about talking to others about your illness. It's hard to talk about something other than your health, especially when your bad health feels like it's controlling your life.

My doctors really don't have definitel answers for me either. I feel like I've seen so many and no one knows what to do... It's very hard to think of living a long life feeling this way. If you can, think of good things around you. Anything good at all will make you smile... It's the small things that get me through the day. My dog always makes me smile, my brother makes me laugh, a good song I used to love comes on the radio out of the blue... These things are small but they take my mind off of the ugly things and it really helps.

I hope others here can help you right now. As my mom always says, "Hang in there."

3. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I was just talking to my doc this past weekend about my fatigue "so tired I cant roll over in bed".

He suggested RITALIN - RITALIN of all things!

He wants to wait a month for me to get stable on my other meds and if I still have the overwhelming fatigue...maybe try it.

Its worth a shot.
  4. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

I will tell you my experience with FM. I had all the symptoms you describe
    plus the lack of response to antidepressants.

I had six sessions with an acupuncturist, and 10 years later, I still have
    very little pain from the FM unless I get very unusually tired.

I also have CFS, so that makes a difference: I can blame the terrible
    brainfog on that!

5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Something has caused all of these symptoms that you are suffering with. It is probable that you have some chronic untreated infections.

Dr's just want to give you one med after another to cover up your symptoms instead of really looking for the cause.

You deserve better.

Anxiety/panic attacks can be a sign of a Bartonella infection.

Fibromyalgia can be a symptom of a chronic Borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme).

Many of us on this board have found that we have one or more of these infections.

Please take a good look at this info.....

Read the symptom list on pages 9-11 and the coinfection symptom info for Bartonella, Babesia and Ehrlichia, etc on pages 22-27.......

Just keep an open mind and read through this info too....

It is very possible that your Dr did a "lyme test" that was negative, so he ruled it out. Unfortunately, testing is poor and Lyme should never be ruled out with just a negative test....that is just wrong. Lyme is a clinical diagnosis based on history and symptoms not a lab test.

Many of us have a combo of infections.

It takes our own research and persistence to help find them because most Dr's don't bother.

Lyme and coinfections can also be transmitted from mother to fetus through the placenta or through breastfeeding. Often many family members are affected due to this, or due to the fact that they were exposed to ticks from being outside in the same areas.

Please take this seriously and consider this possibility.

Let me know if I can help you.
  6. greatgran

greatgran Member

I so wish I had an answer for you but all I can say is I could have written this post myself.
    I have given up on doctors and anyone understanding except those here that suffer.

I feel if I could only get rid of my anxiety/depression the other would be misery but without all the mind misery.

So So sorry I can't offer any advice but I sure understand where you are coming from.

The only Rx med I still take is xanax as the others weren't helping only caused side effects which I didn't need.

My husband thought it would be could if we would just get away,( while we were getting the inside of our house painted) didn't go far had a great motel or Inn with all the best but I couldn't enjoy a thing. I was in so much pain, anxiety etc. all I wanted to do was come home.
    Oh, I felt so guilty for him and the children, grans and greats as they were coming to spend the day . I couldn't do a thing but lay in bed and all I wanted to do was cry, which I couldn't in front of them . It hurts so bad not ever being able to make plans.

Oh, well you didn't need to hear all that but I sooooooooo understand and have no answers.

God Bless,

7. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

I agree with Nanie-get tested for lyme and other tick coinfections.

Also try some elimination diets- the MS recovery diet awould be a good place to start and try for a good 6 months to a year to see if it makes a difference in your pain level. If it can help MS it probably can help fibro.

Also -raw foods/juicing/ montel williams- alkaline diet would be good.
  8. luckyman

luckyman New Member

It sounds like you need some pain control strategies. Acupuncture has been mentioned, relaxation/breathing techniques/meditation, massage, hydrotherapy, pacing, a really good chair/bed, medical marijuana, and limited anarobic exercise come to mind. Yeah, I know, the big E. I am severely limited in tolerance to exercise, however, I use a stationary bike with arm levers for about 30-45 sec several times a day. It seems to help my pain. See exercise on Cort's site and check out the video by the University of the Pacific. Good info if you haven't seen it, and they are believers! Last alternative therapy I get some relief from is the sun. Here in CA I'll try to go outside for a short walk and let the sun energize/relax me. Just a couple of min, helps. If your in the cold country, maybe sitiing inside with the sun radiating on you. Ok I misspoke, one more idea, try changing activities often, sit, walk, lay down, (I do real well at that one!) and keep from staying on the computer too long. That's a real killer to me. I realize it's a lifeline for many, and such a temptation for the inquisitive mind. (I needed a break just to type this much)

Traditional medicine - you may consider going to a pain clinic, but do some research first. If you can find a good one, they have helped many people.

Until you can get your pain under control, it will make your depression worse, and the worse your depression, or other stressors, the worse your pain.

I also have a 14 year old girl at home also, the apple in dad's eye. Best of luck, or as I like to think, make your own as you just can't count on someone else to do it for you.

[This Message was Edited on 03/03/2010]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/03/2010]