Don't Know How This Happened....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LindaD., Oct 14, 2002.

1. LindaD.

LindaD. New Member

But I bet it happened with this: Around the end of last month, the doc finally saw me in pain (flare). I pushed her away when she tried to examine me. As shocked as she was, she was willing to note that I was not messing around with this. In the end, I got more than I had bargained for and now, this is how it works (for me).
    I wake up and take my routine medicines for the a.m.
    This includes: Zanaflex, Ultram, Effexor, Maxzide.
    I take nothing for mid-day.
    At night, before bedtime, I take: Zanaflex, Hyrocodone, Ambein, Medrol and Prevacid.
    I use a CPAP machine.
    I sleep on a heating pad all night long.
    My doggie sleeps with me (she presses her body to my back and gives me support).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Now, this weekend, we had a group picnic at Hard Labor Creek with a few other couples - and had a great time. I took my cane so I wouldn't trip and fall, like I normally do.
    After the late picnic, we drove to an observatory - and was able to see a close-up of the moon, dark and light side, crators and shadows and the whole thing. It was super! Had a lot of support from family - and others that went with us.
    And, I also have a lot of pain in my shoulders, which I have found that heat helps. So, instead of laying down and wasting time on a pad, my daughter bought me some of those heat packs that are activated by air - not the Therapy ones that costs $6.99 for a pack of 2, but the BodiHeat packs that costs $3.98 and have 3 in a pack. They are every so great - they last up to 12 hours, don't fall off, and I get relief. Thought I would mention this to any of you with pain in the shoulders, elbows, neck, low back, knees. These things come with adhesive and all you do is peel the cover, and stick it on. I know that some of you have trouble with skin - and adhesive - and believe me, when I first used them, I was frightened - my skin is so thin and like tissue, it rips and bleeds whenever I accidently hit a door or something. But this stuff is skin-friendly.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Now that I have ran my mouth on and on, and wore my fingers out, I shall close with love to each of you.
    I want you all to know that I am thinking of those of you living in and around Washington, D.C./Maryland/Virginia areas - and ask the Great Spirit to touch the heart of the person doing these sniper attacks that he/she will begin to feel guilt, realize they have a serious mental problem and ask for help.
    I want all of you to know that I feel like I come home when I visit this site - and invite any of you who wish to do so to email me - I try my best to return email within 24 hours.
    I want all of you to know that I send my love to each and everyone of you - give you hugs and send to you rainbows to fill your skies by wrapping you in; friendship, love, devotion, support, health, happiness, quest for as pain-free day as possible, closure with SSD, saddening news or events, and a host of guardian angels looking over your shoulder and helping you through each day.
    Love to you all,
    LindaD.
  2. LindaD.

LindaD. New Member

But I bet it happened with this: Around the end of last month, the doc finally saw me in pain (flare). I pushed her away when she tried to examine me. As shocked as she was, she was willing to note that I was not messing around with this. In the end, I got more than I had bargained for and now, this is how it works (for me).
    I wake up and take my routine medicines for the a.m.
    This includes: Zanaflex, Ultram, Effexor, Maxzide.
    I take nothing for mid-day.
    At night, before bedtime, I take: Zanaflex, Hyrocodone, Ambein, Medrol and Prevacid.
    I use a CPAP machine.
    I sleep on a heating pad all night long.
    My doggie sleeps with me (she presses her body to my back and gives me support).
    Now, this weekend, we had a group picnic at Hard Labor Creek with a few other couples - and had a great time. I took my cane so I wouldn't trip and fall, like I normally do.
    After the late picnic, we drove to an observatory - and was able to see a close-up of the moon, dark and light side, crators and shadows and the whole thing. It was super! Had a lot of support from family - and others that went with us.
    And, I also have a lot of pain in my shoulders, which I have found that heat helps. So, instead of laying down and wasting time on a pad, my daughter bought me some of those heat packs that are activated by air - not the Therapy ones that costs $6.99 for a pack of 2, but the BodiHeat packs that costs $3.98 and have 3 in a pack. They are every so great - they last up to 12 hours, don't fall off, and I get relief. Thought I would mention this to any of you with pain in the shoulders, elbows, neck, low back, knees. These things come with adhesive and all you do is peel the cover, and stick it on. I know that some of you have trouble with skin - and adhesive - and believe me, when I first used them, I was frightened - my skin is so thin and like tissue, it rips and bleeds whenever I accidently hit a door or something. But this stuff is skin-friendly.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Now that I have ran my mouth on and on, and wore my fingers out, I shall close with love to each of you.
    I want you all to know that I am thinking of those of you living in and around Washington, D.C./Maryland/Virginia areas - and ask the Great Spirit to touch the heart of the person doing these sniper attacks that he/she will begin to feel guilt, realize they have a serious mental problem and ask for help.
    I want all of you to know that I feel like I come home when I visit this site - and invite any of you who wish to do so to email me - I try my best to return email within 24 hours.
    I want all of you to know that I send my love to each and everyone of you - give you hugs and send to you rainbows to fill your skies by wrapping you in; friendship, love, devotion, support, health, happiness, quest for as pain-free day as possible, closure with SSD, saddening news or events, and a host of guardian angels looking over your shoulder and helping you through each day.
    Love to you all,
    LindaD.
  3. epicurean

epicurean New Member

I will try the BodiHeat packs-sounds like something I could really use.
    Thank-you for you kind remarks and for thinking of us In No. Va. and surronding areas.
    Bless You!!!
  4. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

LindaD, I had a terrible Monday. Felt horrible yesterday, then had a fairly good nite's sleep, woke up feeling actually pretty good and it went downhill from there! On the local news this morning they found a head and set of hands in a local lake. SCARY! They think it is some type of ritualist sacrifice. (And no I don't live in a big crime-ridden city, just an average size normal southern country town). That scared me along with the thoughts of the sniper and having to stop and get gas on the way to work. Then work was totallt crazy, busy from the moment I got there til way past 5:30 pm. I am hurting, my shoulder is on fire, my arms and hands are killing me, I did not eat lunch (too busy), found out one of our good customer's daughter is dieing, my boss was stressed and not in a good mood, lost my cell phone, JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS!!!!!!!!! And I want to tell you LindaD, that you sweet post wishing all of us beautiful things, just put something good back into my day! Thanks! I wish you all the same-double! And yes, let's pray that the sniper is caught and that no one else is harmed. Such a scary time we live in. I am also glad to have this board to come to!