Don't know what I have???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjhdavis, Oct 10, 2005.

1. kjhdavis

kjhdavis New Member

Hi!! I am a mother of three and only 24 years old. About 4 months ago I was diagnosed with Hoshimoto's Disease and within the last month or two I have been real miserable. My thyroid doctor took and checked my levels and told me they are back up where they should be since being on Levoxyl for a couple of months. He referred me back to my family physician where they have been testing my blood and giving me an EMG test.
    My pain is all over my body...it becomes worse when I am in motion...I have a hard time sleeping...I have had migrane or tension headaches in the past...I have also been diagnosed with TMJ. Some days are better than others. I work nights and towards morning when I am almost done my hand begin tingling and numbe. While my hands are nub they become red and blotchy but I do not notice any temperature change. On Friday I had yet more blood drawn to check for three other things and in two weeks I have to go back and if my doc can not find anything he is going to send me to a rheumatologist. I have also noticed I get stiff, my hands it is getting more difficult to even hold a pen and I trip on my own to feet a lot more too. Any suggestions please help. I can't take much more.

Thanks,
    kjhdavis
  2. kjhdavis

kjhdavis New Member

Thanks for your words. Recently one of our local news channel had a piece about FM and my mother looked at me and said that sounds familiar. My mom's friend also thought I might have it. Have either of you been diagnosed?? I hope I feel better!! Sometime it is real hard to do the daily tasks in my life!!

Thanks,
    kjhdavis
  3. puppyfreak

puppyfreak New Member

There are 18 'trigger points' on the body and one of the diagnostic signs for Fibro is having at least 11 positive for pain when poked.
    And if they're positive, they HURT when the Doc pokes them! I don't know for sure but there might be a chart here [under synptoms] so you know where they are.
    I have an autoimmune disorder with neuropathy, carpal tunnel [with the pain and numbness in my hands], and degenerative disc disease but I'm 53 and my kids are grown - I sincerely hope you get excellent medical care to get all this under control so you'll feel better real soon!

Char