DON'T LET FEELINGS RULE..........

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Shirl, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Don't Let Feelings Rule

This is my comfort and consolation in my affliction: that Your word has revived me and given me life.
    (Psalm 119:50)

God showed me that we are always going to have feelings, and that denying the existence of them is not godly. We do have to learn how to manage them, so they don't manage us.
    If we love by our feelings, we will be destroyed, because our feelings aren't always in line with God's truth. We are to walk by faith in His promises, and not by sight or how things appear or the way we feel (see 2 Corinthians 5:7). Ask God to keep your feelings balanced with the truth of His Word today.
  2. soulight

soulight New Member

Feelings sometimes get in the way of living my life as a Christian. I need to be reminded that my feeling shouldn't rule and I'm glad that you posted this.

I have been reading His Word more lately and this has helped greatly.Getting His Word into my heart and soul tells me what is real and what my feelings are trying to tell me are not always right. Balance is something that I need to work towards.

Thank you Shirl !

Holly
    [This Message was Edited on 09/21/2009]
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

"Feelings" are a big problem for us all! It is very hard to try and focus on what the Lord is doing for us, instead of what 'we' want to 'think' we want! I always have the problem, that is why I posted it.

We have to face the fact, we are only human serving a big God that knows what He is doing without our 'two cents'!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. jole

jole Member

...lol...yes, like me saying, "I know God knows what He's doing, but..." and then I catch myself. Now, that's just being a little too human!! Love....Jole
  5. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

I couldn't have read this at a better time. I've had a hard past week. Feelings, or those sneaky bad feelings. I know better. I know what to do. So how did I get to the point of not paying attention to where I was going with them? Yes, I'm human. We have our ups and downs. Good friends, or even strangers can bring us back to where we belong. Thank you.
    I love Psalms. I will read that. I will also read 2 Corinthians...I will also read your post again in the morning. Faith. Faith. Faith. :))
    Have Faith in His promises! It's worked for me many a time. So profound..faith in His promises, and not by sight or how "things appear" or the way we feel.
    I will be aksing God for that "balance" tonight.
    I know without a doubt that he directed me to this board tonight.
    Thank you agian, love, Cynthia
  6. Jude

Jude New Member

This is your old friend Jude. It is nice to see you posting again. I don't spend much time on the main board any more. I mostly just scan to see if there is a topic I'm interesting in reading. I don't participate in any board skirmashes or wars any more. Don't have the time or the interest. Nice to know that you are out there to pray for those who want prayer.

7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Long time since I have heard from you. I often wonder about you, and yes, I do remember you in my prayers.

You were always a good friend lady.

I have been absent for quite a while, but am trying to get back again. Its a hard struggle my friend.

Thanks for replying, I really loved hearing from you, and to know you are alright.

I hear from Mikie often, we email. She has really been a big help to me these last four years. wonderful lady too..............

Take care of yourself.

Shalom, Shirl
  8. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I came across your thread at a time when I am dealing with much fear and anxiety. Thanks for your reminder to live by faith not my feelings.

It's so easy to be overtaken by my emotions. But, I know they change. The only thing I can totally rely on is the unchangeable Word of God. He is in control, no matter what my emotions tell me.

Thank you Shirl! I needed this reminder. God bless you.

Fay
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

For the blessings Fay, I truly need them. Depression is very bad, and I can use all the pray I can get.

Praying for you too dear lady, we have been around here a looooog time!

God's many blessings going out to you.

Shalom, Shirl