Don't like the new board! Any same opinions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by steach, Sep 22, 2008.

1. steach

steach Member

Hi Friends-

Is it just me or do any of you not like the new board, either?

Why is it that when you click "next" that some of the same posts appear at the top of the page that were on the previous page? This doesn't make sense to me.

Also, why are there no page numbers at the bottom? This is confusing when trying to get back to a page that you want to respond to or re-read.

Change is good when it is beneficial; however, I'm not sure this is for the better.

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

It's harder for me to use, change isn't always good, or, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I have some of the same complaints about the new board as you do. Hopefully they will iron out some of these problems before switching for good --

3. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

I just thought I'd let you know that both I've already put in bug reports on the fact that the next button only shows 10 new post as the bottom. This should be something can be fixed soon. I have also asked for page numbers.

If you like you can send your comments to and a few more people will read them.
  4. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

I dont come here at all anymore. I have a hard time with new things as it is. Even before I got sick,I couldn't organiae my thought enough when things changed,LOL hope it becomes easier. RUthie
  5. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

It's going to be really hard to get used to the new format plus it is very "busy" and the writing is too small.

I'm not convinced about having separate message boards for FM and ME/CFS either as I have both and the symptoms overlap a lot.

I'm sure others might prefer that but personally I'm going to find it hard to decide which board to post on and also having two different boards to wade through all the posts on each.

I think the old board works fine for the most part - however maybe the efforts Jorgie is making to take all our opinions and concerns into consideration will ultimately make the new board more user friendly - thanks Jorgie for all your efforts :)

Love Bunchy x
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sorry, Jorgie; I know y'all have been working hard on it. It may just be change that we don't like. It uses the same format as other boards I've visited and I never liked it as much as the format here on the "old" board.

Love, Mikie
  7. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

Bunchy: the FM board and the ME/CFS board are the same board. The old board is set up the same way.

Ruthie & Mikie: Please if you want some one other than me to know that you don't like the new board and you want to save the old one send and email to I'm not saying that this will save the board but it will certainly let them know you don't like the new boards.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hate to complain because I've been here many years and I know how hard y'all at ProHealth work to provide this HUGE benefit for us. The new board is attractive and impressive. It's just the format which I don't like. I can get used to it if I have to. The important thing is that we have a place to offer info and support. I don't you to think I don't appreciate all you do--I do!

Love, Mikie
  9. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

the NEW BOARD.

Mine looks the same as always! ???
  10. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

but why not just log onto immunesupport? That has always been the URL I use.

Will it change?
  11. erica741

erica741 New Member

Kina's description of the new board mirrors exactly my reaction each time I try to use it.

"Due to all the overstimulation -- I get a headache everytime I try to navigate it"....Exactly my response! :-(

I won't be able to use the board either when Immunesupport is gone.

I think it's really sad that the new site design is too bright, busy, and overstimulating for those of us who are the sickest and need this board the most.

Apparently the $$$ from the ads all over the new board is more important to ProHealth than the sick people who have contributed to and and relied on this board for years.

I wonder what will happen if the new board deters so many people that ProHealth sales go down?
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've been here a long time and one thing I know for sure is that ProHealth has never put profit before our well-being. This isn't some kind of financial ruse. It is likely an oversight which neglected to take into account our sensitivity to movement.

Go to and tell them how you are affected.

Love, Mikie
  13. jodboga

jodboga New Member

I for one think when something isn't broke don't try and fix it . I hate the new board.
  14. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

I couldnt get passed to name of group and state, I have no state in USA as I am in Australia - so now what????

are we not world wide anymore

I will miss a lot of you if this new thing isnt going to work

15. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

The support group listings on our site have not changed. They are the same on both sites. They both include the 50 states, American Samoa, Fed ST Micronesia, Marshall islands, Northern Mariana IS, Palau Island, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Army Europe, U.S. Army Pacific. Sadly we do not have any listings for Australia or New Zealand. If this is something you'd like to see please email and we'll see what happens.
  16. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I have always been on the old one..just went to the 'new' one for the first time. Personally I don't think it looks too bad, may just take some getting used to, like everything else does. Of course, I haven't used it, so don't know if it's more difficult to navigate etc.
    Guess we'll be forced to find out soon enough!
  17. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

This new board is a challenge for me to use, I hope I figure it out because I would be lost without it.

18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I used it last night and found that it was better than when I first went there. I'll use this one til I absolutely have to go there. I'll bet in no time, we will be happily using it and this will just be a faded memory.

Love, Mikie
  19. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

don't like it at all!!! although the first time i tried i was really brain fogged, thought it was just me and posted about it. and like you i found that most were having problems with im sticking here till i cant Brain just cant do it,lol.
    i agree about change and am all for it,But change for the better!!!
  20. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

That's what I do!! I like the old board MUCH MUCH better!!