Don't lose hope! Things can be ok.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tanyasue, Oct 16, 2005.

1. tanyasue

tanyasue New Member

I just wanted to take a moment to share something good. I haven’t been here in awhile-too much going on in my life and so on.

Anyway, I got laid off from my job about 5 months ago. Although they would not admit it, it was blatantly because I had missed so much work from being sick, even though I had FMLA leave. I was working as a temp at a job quite far away from home before while I searched for another job. Anyway, I started a new job last week. Although the pain is bad, me being at home is worse because my depression gets so far away from me that it is actually worse for me than the pain.

The new job is about 5miles from my home, and the people are incredible. I know it will not be a problem to have dr’s appointments. Everyone is so supportive of one another. There are several employees that have chronic problems and the company has let them work part-time or has made other arrangements with them. They even let me change my shift so I can come in later. I am so sore in the morning that the more time I have to stretch, etc. the better I feel. I found out another person who does the same job I do is on all of the same medication I am so I don’t have to worry about them finding out and getting rid of me.

I am sharing this story because I lose hope so often. I want others to know that when you least expect things can work out better than you expect. Don’t lose hope that there are employers with a heart who can understand and work with you. Things can work out and be ok.

Tanya Sue
  2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

When door closes a window opens. So happy for you. A setback has become an opportunity. It is hard to see the good in bad sometimes because we are walking around under our own cloud not realizing there is blue sky above. Thanks for sharing your perspective! Lynn

Can I fit any more cliches into a post?? HA
  3. tanyasue

tanyasue New Member

I am confident that you can if you try... :)

TS
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Thanks for the positive post. I, too, have found that what seems like a bad situation at first sometimes will lead to something better. Congratulations on the new job.

Ellen
  5. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I'm not working right now and I'm trying very hard to find a job. I'm with you... I get much more depressed staying at home.

Tigger