Don't mean to sound negitive but I am sick of the cold wet weather

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, May 10, 2011.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I am so sick of the rain and cold weather we are having here in utah. I hate it that it makes my bones aches, legs throb. and genreal pain all over my body. I can't take much longer. My body is not liking the pain from being cold and the nasty weather here in NOrthern Utah. We have had so much snow and rain that most of the rivers are flooding and the things I had planned to do over memorail day week end are going to have to change as the place we camp at is flooded.

I had a good evening with my daughters , my mother and 6 of the grandbabies. We went out to eat and while the food was great. The noise level was so high that it made me sick, my head ached. I could not just get up and leave as I was rocking my granddaughter to sleep she is 6 1/2 months old and I don't get to hold her very often.So I tried to just focus on her all my muscles were so tight and by the time we left I hurt all over my body and the pain was over whelming. I now know why I don't go to church and it is because of the noise of many children. It gets to loud in the chapel that it hurts to be there, I now understand it better thanks to the resteraunt and the loud people there. I did love spending the time with my girls and grandkids and mom but I won't ever go back there again.

I hope that all of you mothers had a great day on Sunday.
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I understand your frustration with all the things you mention. We miss Normal.

That's the beauty of this board: understanding. It's rare to have anyone tell you to "just get out there and do it anyway". Of course, sometimes we must.....

Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes.

3. Jittle

Jittle Member

I understand you fustration, New jersey has been the same... A very wet April. I didn't think I was going to make it through. So far May is looking better. April is always my worst month.... Thats's when all my symptoms started a few years back.
    My mom suggested moving back to the dessert... wonder if the dry air would be better than rain and humdity?????
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We seldom get the weather fronts which cause steep dives in barometric pressure. Well, except for the occasional hurricane :)

Seriously, though, I've done so much better down here than I did in CO. Of course, that doesn't guarantee someone else would do better here. One person's paradise is another person's hell.

Love, Mikie
  5. otoonce

otoonce New Member

I just visited a PCP in Layton today.... Marc Anderson. He used to work in allergies and he then went on to learn about Fibromyalgia. I'm not sure how great he is. We will find out. I have another friend who goes to him and likes him. Perhaps would be worth a try. There is a midwife on Ogden who also knows FM because she has it. She is so kind and listens. Machel Knowles at Circle of Life in Ogden.
  6. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I hope to hear back from you about how this doctor is. I l see a rehumy now and he is not a pain doctor and really thinks that I would have a better life with out being pain pain meds.
    I hope that he is a good doctor and will work with you.
  7. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

God forbid any of us sound negative.....we all must be militantly happy.
  8. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I know that we are not "happy" all the time nor do we sound that way but I just didn't want to sound negitive about every thing that I write.