don't mean to whine, BUT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sumbuni, Jul 26, 2003.

1. sumbuni

sumbuni New Member

OK, FORGETTING IS DEFINITELY PART OF IT, AND THRUSH IS TOO. WHAT ABOUT THOSE FUNNY BURNY PATCHES IN YOUR SKIN...LIKE YOUR SKIN FEELS WHEN YOU HAVE THE FLU, EXCEPT IT SEEMS TO FOLLOW A NERVE PATH...ANYONE ELSE HAVE THESE "HOT SPOTS"?

AND DO YOU HAVE A DAY THAT YOU FEEL GREAT, AND THEN ALL AT ONCE THE WORLD CAVES IN AND YOU FEEL LIKE YOU HAVEN'T RESTED IN 100 YEARS? ICAME HOME FROM WORK LAST SATURDAY FEELING GREAT AND WASHED THE FRONT OF MY MOBILE HOME, 2 HOURS AND I'M DEAD MEAT. WORSE YET WAAS IT SEEMED TO TAKE 2 DAYS TO GET TO FEELING ONLY ROTTEN AND NOT WORSE.

I HAVE SO MANY ACHES AND PAINS...NEURAGIA IN MY FACE FOR A WEEK, BACK PAIN, LOWER BACK AND LEG WEAKNESS, NECK SHOULDER AND ARM WEAKNESS.

I'VE HAD ALOT OF FATIGUE WITH WHAT I GUESS IS ARTHRITIS PAIN, BURSITIS IN MY SHOULDERS TOO. IT'S BEEN MANY YEARS OFF AND ON. I HAVEN'T REALLY FELT RESTED IN 20, I GUESS. I'VE BEEN TO SO MANY DOCTORS I MUST SURELY OWN HALF THE HOSPITALS IN THE AREA...I'VE TAKEN ALMOST EVERY KIND OF ANTIDEPRESSANT I CAN THINK OF BECAUSE NO DOCTOR UNTIL NOW HAS EVER CONSIDERED CFS OR FMS. I'VE READ A LOT ABOUT CFS, BUT I SEEM TO COME UP WITH SOME STUFF THAT NOTHING I'VE READ MENTIONS. BESIDES, WHAT YOU READ IS SORT OF DRY, IT DOESN'T SEEM TO SAY HOW TERRIBLE, CONFUSING AND DEPRESSING THIS WHOLE THING IS.

I'M 55, SEPARATED FROM MY "HUSBAND" FOR 2 YEARS BECAUSE I JUST COULDN'T DO AS MUCH AS HE THOUGHT I SHOULD (SPOILED BABY BOY) SO HE JUST DIDN'T COME HOME UNTIL TIME TO LEAVE OUT AGAIN (TRUCK DRIVER). HE HAS A FRIEND WHOSE DAUGHTER HAS CFS, AND HE THOUGHT IT WAS TERRIBLE, YET...OH WELL, THAT'S ANOTHER WHOLE STORY, AND BELIEVE ME I COULD WRITE A BOOK ON THE BAD STUFF IN MY LIFE...SO ON A HAPPIER NOTE...I SURE AM GLAD THAT I FOUND YOU FOLKS...NO ONE REALLY UNDERSTANDS UNLESS THEY LIVE THERE,DO THEY?

GOD BLESS YOU ALL, LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!

(("HUGGS"))
    SUMBUNI
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Sumbuni, welcome to our world! It sounds like you need to pace yourself and change your lifestyle. You are doing too much at one time.

I can't even wash my car, I could not imagine washing a mobile home! You need some changes in your fast and busy routine lady.

We all have good days and bad days. Thats how these illness go.

But I did not get better untill I made my mind up that I was not the little Hulk I used to be.

No one understand this illness unless they have it, thats a fact of life.

Glad you found our board, and sure hope we hear from you often.

Shalom,Shirl
  3. ozgran

ozgran New Member

Just wanted to welcome you and say I agree you need to pace yourself more. This afternoon I have had to do a few things, bath my smelly little dog, arrange 4 flat dishes of candles and flowers for a luncheon tomorrow and make the B/day cake for my grandaughter who will be 12 tomorrow. I have only baked the cake and have to decorate it ( with dolphins etc) later on, but the effort of doing those things, especially standing to make the cake, has really knocked me around.I went to church this morning ( as I do each Sunday) and that lot is enough for me to cope with for today. I still do things that I enjoy, but stay home much much more than I have ever done in my life. You just have to adjust your lifestyle. Take care. Love Ozgran
  4. tjlibby

tjlibby New Member

Hello
    Sounds like you did to much. I can relate when I feel good I want to get things done and sadly I pay for it.. Yesterday, my hubby told me to slow down. Hot spots do you mean rashes? I put steriod cream on mine. All I can say is Rest,today... Teri
  5. pammy52

pammy52 New Member

You have found the one place where you will be understood,
    informed,encouraged and educated.
    Since I found this great site I have learned so much.
    Also it is the first time in my life that I do not feel alone with this DD.
    Although I am very fortunate to have a couple of emotionally supportive people in my life they do not have fm or cfs so to be able to come
    here and share with people who 'KNOW' the pain and fatigue is a comfort that has been invaluable.
    Going from feeling great or good to lousy or horrible is a
    constant in my life.
    It is hard not to over do when having a good day.
    Keep coming here and you will find reassurance that you are not alone. You will also get good info on how to cope.
    Pam