Don't Neglect Your Routine Health Screenings

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just a reminder to keep up with you dental cleanings (for men and women, mammograms and pap smears (for women), and PSA/digital rectal exams (for men). Also, if you are having gut problems or are over 50, don't forget your colonoscopy.

I had precancerous polyps removed this last year from my colon. I have had a precancerous lesion (a large one) removed from my cervex a number of years ago.

I know how easy it is to put these routine screenings off because some of them are uncomfortable and we are always at the docs' offices as it is. The thing is that I just read that after 18 replications of mycoplasmas (remember that 60-70 percent of us are infected with mycoplasmas) the host cell can easily become malignant. We have to be more vigilant that the average person. We are also more prone to several kinds of cancer than the population at large.

Bacteria from poor oral hygeine can cause heart attacks. We need to be very careful with brushing and flossing. I use the plastic brushpicks. They are very good at removing food between the teeth. A WaterPik is wonderful at removing food particles.

Please, my freinds, take care of yourselves. The last thing we need is other problems which can be prevented with a little extra care.

Love, Mikie
  2. healing

healing New Member

You might be interested in the article I just posted to Lau in response to the question about CRP. It's a great concise description of the implications of a high CRP reading and chronic inflammation. Dr. Mirkin lists a number of causes for inflammation, some of them surprising -- like obesity. I think, because many of us are relatively inactive due to physical limitations, there is a high percentage of obese people on this board, so this information may have implications for a large number of people.
  3. healing

healing New Member

moving it on up
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate it when our members are so generous in sharing info with us.

My response will also bump this up so, hopefully, more members will see it.

I am concerned that in all our doctoring for our illnesses, we may neglect the preventive tests which may save our lives and/or prevent even more illness and pain.

Love, Mikie
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

for the reminder to keep up with our check-ups. I am going in this week to have my thyroid and cholestrol checked. It's been over a year and come once again.

Ellen
  6. healing

healing New Member

up you go