Don't Open Unknown Text Messages

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just read that Android devices can receive text messages with viruses. If you open them, a virus will infect your phone and send text messages to everyone in your phone and all the numbers you have called. It may get expensive as it multiplies itself on the phones of others.

Evidenty, Google never made Android safe and it has been hacked. I received two such texts after downloading ringtones. I think it's still safe to download Android apps but expect to get these texts. Just delete them. They may offer "contests" or "free downloads." On one of mine, the subject line read, "no subject."

I think these texts are safe to read but just don't click on any links or open them or agree to anything if given a choice.

How sad. Just another minefield to avoid.

Love, Mikie
  2. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

I am now using DH old Smart Phone and he got another which I am not sure he will keep after his time is up. Trying to save money, as usual !! He likes it but neither of us TEXT but it has come in handy esp when I can no longer send on my compter. That is another long story .

We are not signed up to Text but I have gotten some messages before on my other phone which I don't check anymore. They are usually ads anyway that I have seen before . I don't open anything from people I don't know for the most part or click on the url.

Don't know if any of you have had this but I have had messages supposedly from people I know with completely different e-mails that do not belong to them. I DO NOT OPEN THEM as I am sure that they have something bad attached to them or are just real BAD. These were mostly for the computer but now I get them on the SP since I have ne for e-mails.

Yes, it is a shame that some people have nothing more to do than try and hurt people - VERY SAD !

Bye for now. DH is gone for a bit and when he comes home we will go our in the cold and work on taking some stuff our of our glower beds we need to get removed- sort of llike monkey grass but heavier and it really takes over everything else...

Hugz,
    Granni