Don't Stay Here Top 10 Dirtiest Hotels in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JLH, Mar 26, 2007.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

If you stay at the Tropicana Resort Hotel in Virginia Beach, Va., don't be fooled by the swanky name. That hotel leads the list of the 10 dirtiest hotels in the country as assessed by, which rates both the best and the worst hotel properties nationwide.

How bad is the Tropicana Resort Hotel? "Our room smelled like a mixture of yeast and cat urine," an unnamed Tropicana guest told This wasn't an isolated complaint.

Other travelers also complained about their stay at the Tropicana:

- There was dried up vomit on the walls in the stairwell.

- The toilet was rigged with a telephone cord that was used to flush it.

- The carpet was so dirty, shoes were required at all times just to walk on it.

- The comforter on the bed was so filthy, one mother took a blanket from her car to cover the comforter so her daughter could sleep and then threw out the blanket later.

- Dozens of others complained of damp sheets, vile odors, broken glass, mold, insects, and surly managers.

The top 10 dirtiest hotels in the United States:

1. Tropicana Resort Hotel in Virginia Beach, Va.
    2. Hotel Carter in New York, N.Y.
    3. Days Inn Downtown/Port in Miami, Fla.
    4. Budget Inn in Knoxville, Tenn.
    5. Red Carpet Inn in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
    6. New York Inn in New York, N.Y.
    7. Poindexter Oceanfront Resort in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
    8. Days Inn in Lancaster, Pa.
    9. Ramada Inn Miami Airport North in Miami, Fla.
    10. Sea Club Resort in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.

The best hotels in the United States:

Best Brand: Four Seasons
    Best Luxury Hotel: Sofitel New York
    Best Hidden Gem: Desert Pearl Inn in Springdale, Utah
    Best Bargain: SeaCoast Inn of Hyannis, Mass.
    Best Hotel for Families: Disney's Pop Century Resort in Orlando, Fla.

--From the Editors at Netscape

2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

stayed at the bad ones...stayed in hotel sofitel in b.c. michigan when it was there and in the chicago one before.

3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Never stayed in any of the bad ones either!! I'm so paranoid about germs and stuff. I always bring clorox cleanups and give any place I stay the once over!

Thanks for the post!!
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

As my husband likes to say: Wouldn't be a problem if you just stay you a** home!

Gotta love him!

5. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

Got to go to Denver June 6th-14th. That's a long way from Gulf Shores. This is a must do business trip. I hate staying in hotels. Ya know youngsters do the wildthang everywhere. I don't like to touch anything in a hotel. The last hotel I stayed in had a to go styrofoam plate where it look like the hired help had had some fun. I called and had our rooms changed. I'm sure it was no cleaner.

I am a germaphobic. But as clean as we try to be, we are ALL exposed to the very WORST germs and viruses on the planet because we come into contact with the very dirtiest people on the planet, either directly or indirectly. They use a handrail on the subway and you use that same handrail with tuberculosis and who knows what else smeared on it.

I do not consider myself any better than anyone on this planet, but I am much cleaner than many. I do not live with chickens as some of the Asians do, that have contracted Bird Flew. My most sincere apologies to all Asian people for that statement.

I don't eat fast food because of the caucasion people that were caught on camera scratching their crotch, and African Americans were filmed spitting in food berfore serving it. It doesn't matter what color we are, we can really spread some wicked germs.

I think I will cancell my trip :}