Don't think I will ever survive without weekend naps

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by catlin, Nov 21, 2005.

1. catlin

catlin New Member

I have to have them! I would take one every day if I could, from two to three hours. I feel so much better when I can rest - I can't make a whole day anymore. I don't think I ever will again.... oh well. You do what you can with you have.
  2. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I agree 100%. If I can't sleep in on a Saturday, I am taking a nap both Sat. & Sun. afternoons. My theory is if my body allows me to fall asleep or sleep in without the benefit of medications, then my body is saying I need the restorative sleep to get through the following work week.

I hate missing out on fun weekend time, but if I can't work then I will not be able to have fun either.

Nancy
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

I have an agreement w/my husband that on the weekends that we're home, I get up around 7 for breakfast and read the paper. Then I head back to bed and sleep until noon. That way I get in 10 1/2 to 12 hours of sleep. Sunday I can't do that, but sometimes I get in an afternoon nap for a couple of hours.

I LOVE naps.

But I won't be seeing any this week as we are traveling.
  4. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

Well, my fiance gets up early with the kids on Saturday & Sunday, and I also take a nap both days usually. Since I have to work full time & take care of the kids, the weekend is the only time I have to rest. Unfortunately I sometimes miss out on the fun stuff during my nap, but it's an inperfect world!!