don't try acupuncture at this place????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by leslieb, Aug 25, 2002.

1. leslieb

leslieb New Member

Well, this is my first week without acupuncture and if I ever see this woman again I will run the other way or at least try.

This woman has been a chonese doctor of acupuncture in Chine for over 28 years and she is licensed here in the states.

She was also recommended by my pain doctor.

I started on a monday 2 weeks ago. The first visit was intesresting since I had no idea what she was going to do. She showed me the disposible needles. She had me laying down, covered by a sheet with my arm out so she could work on it. I was laying there with my eyes closed and she tapped my hand and gace me some capsules and told me to take them- me being a nurse wanted to know what it was - but she would not tell me more that "Chinese Medicine" I know they use herbs and natural medicine and I figured it would not hurt me.

I went back on wednesday, I was still having the spasms. She did the same with the needeles but some of them really hurt when she put them in - when I open my eyes and told her they hurt she told me quiet and put her hand over my eyes. But then she added something else - she used some kind of suction apparatus and place it the skin of my arm and then pulled the skin into the tube. I don't know whether the needles were still there. The chines medicine was making me sick with terrible heartburn and she told me to take in in the middle of the meal instead of on an empty stomach. She also told me to tell her if I had a doctors appt so she would use the suction so the bruises would go away.

Thursday was the only day I did not have any spasms in my arm- I hope that we had finally found the cure.

Friday was the same- with the needles and suction. But the spasms returned with a vengence and there was buring pain alomost under my arm that really hurt also. She blamed the return of the spasms on me being too tired or being too cold. Since I started taking Elavil, I have been able to sleep at noght- and when I know I will be in A/c- I take a blanket.

I planned to go the following Monday but I woke up with a sinus headache almost as painful as a migraine. I took all my pills aswell as an antihistamine and I took a real hot shower. I then tried to eat breakfast- I took 2-3 bites and got real sick - about 30 minutes later I was in the bathroom vomiting. So I called the Dr. and told her I was sick. She called at 9:30 that night and asked if I was coming in the next morning. I made the appointment for 9am.

She used the same technique but added a tape on my ear on the portion that is supposed to make the arm and shoulder better. She also again me for the fact that the spasms came back- but right now I can't remember the excuse she gave me.

She also gave me more Chinese medicine to make the heartburn go away. She also rubbed something into my scalp- it smelled like vinegar!!! She then did some kind of weird massage on my back.

The next and LAST visit was Thursday - I went in as normal but almost every where she placed a needle it was sore. I told her it hurt and she told me to relax and sleep. She did the suction and at the end she was holding the bottom part of my left upper arm. she explained there was a little bit of bleeding- ACUPUNCTURE IS NEVER SUPPOSED TO CAUSE BLEEDING! After looking at my arm, I saw dried blood from the needles on various place all the way up my arm.

She told me I could leave and to go home and put heat on the site that was bleeding (Wouldn't that cause the vessel to dialate and cause more bleeding??) Well even without heat- I had a goose egg size limp on the lower part on my
    upper arm within 30 minutes. Now I have a bruise that goes all the way down to my elbow. Not only do I have the spasms, I also have burning sensation in my arm next to the underarm, and terrible pain where the brusie is when I have the spasm and the frequency of the spasms has inccreased.

I call her and told her what had happened and of course she could not understand anything I said. But I finally got through to her that I wasn't coming back.

Anyone else dried acupunture for any reason?? This of colurse was not for fibro, but for pain spasms in my upper arm. (that no one can diagnose or treat)

Leslie

2. leslieb

leslieb New Member

Well, this is my first week without acupuncture and if I ever see this woman again I will run the other way or at least try.

This woman has been a chonese doctor of acupuncture in Chine for over 28 years and she is licensed here in the states.

She was also recommended by my pain doctor.

I started on a monday 2 weeks ago. The first visit was intesresting since I had no idea what she was going to do. She showed me the disposible needles. She had me laying down, covered by a sheet with my arm out so she could work on it. I was laying there with my eyes closed and she tapped my hand and gace me some capsules and told me to take them- me being a nurse wanted to know what it was - but she would not tell me more that "Chinese Medicine" I know they use herbs and natural medicine and I figured it would not hurt me.

I went back on wednesday, I was still having the spasms. She did the same with the needeles but some of them really hurt when she put them in - when I open my eyes and told her they hurt she told me quiet and put her hand over my eyes. But then she added something else - she used some kind of suction apparatus and place it the skin of my arm and then pulled the skin into the tube. I don't know whether the needles were still there. The chines medicine was making me sick with terrible heartburn and she told me to take in in the middle of the meal instead of on an empty stomach. She also told me to tell her if I had a doctors appt so she would use the suction so the bruises would go away.

Thursday was the only day I did not have any spasms in my arm- I hope that we had finally found the cure.

Friday was the same- with the needles and suction. But the spasms returned with a vengence and there was buring pain alomost under my arm that really hurt also. She blamed the return of the spasms on me being too tired or being too cold. Since I started taking Elavil, I have been able to sleep at noght- and when I know I will be in A/c- I take a blanket.

I planned to go the following Monday but I woke up with a sinus headache almost as painful as a migraine. I took all my pills aswell as an antihistamine and I took a real hot shower. I then tried to eat breakfast- I took 2-3 bites and got real sick - about 30 minutes later I was in the bathroom vomiting. So I called the Dr. and told her I was sick. She called at 9:30 that night and asked if I was coming in the next morning. I made the appointment for 9am.

She used the same technique but added a tape on my ear on the portion that is supposed to make the arm and shoulder better. She also again me for the fact that the spasms came back- but right now I can't remember the excuse she gave me.

She also gave me more Chinese medicine to make the heartburn go away. She also rubbed something into my scalp- it smelled like vinegar!!! She then did some kind of weird massage on my back.

The next and LAST visit was Thursday - I went in as normal but almost every where she placed a needle it was sore. I told her it hurt and she told me to relax and sleep. She did the suction and at the end she was holding the bottom part of my left upper arm. she explained there was a little bit of bleeding- ACUPUNCTURE IS NEVER SUPPOSED TO CAUSE BLEEDING! After looking at my arm, I saw dried blood from the needles on various place all the way up my arm.

She told me I could leave and to go home and put heat on the site that was bleeding (Wouldn't that cause the vessel to dialate and cause more bleeding??) Well even without heat- I had a goose egg size limp on the lower part on my
    upper arm within 30 minutes. Now I have a bruise that goes all the way down to my elbow. Not only do I have the spasms, I also have burning sensation in my arm next to the underarm, and terrible pain where the brusie is when I have the spasm and the frequency of the spasms has inccreased.

I call her and told her what had happened and of course she could not understand anything I said. But I finally got through to her that I wasn't coming back.

Anyone else dried acupunture for any reason?? This of colurse was not for fibro, but for pain spasms in my upper arm. (that no one can diagnose or treat)

Leslie

3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am not 'big' on needles! So have not ever had anything like this done, but I do know that lots of the members here have, they will be along to let you know their experiences.

Something here does not sound right, even though I am not familiar with the this at all. I do know that there should not be any bleeding or 'eggs' like you described.

Gee, hope you get to feeling better soon.

Shalom, Shirl