Dosage OLE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GeneticDefect, Aug 16, 2003.

1. GeneticDefect

GeneticDefect New Member

Is 600mg of OLE daily too much?

I've been taking 200mg three times a day. I think I'm herxing.... 'Cause my constant low grade fever is higher than usual.

I haven't been around lately...been feeling pretty bad.
  2. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Hi Genetic Defect,

I will bump up my posts on taking OLE...if you are herxing too much, I would certainly decrease to an acceptable level for you..I had to go all the way back to l50mg/day and slowly increase..so I would say that would be entirely too much for me...

Plantscaper
  3. GeneticDefect

GeneticDefect New Member

4. shazz

shazz New Member

I read that 600 a day is about right, so I tried it right away and man did I get ill.
    I then quit it totally for about a week and then started at 150 a day for two full weeks then bumped it up to 300, where I am now. I am taking so much stuff now that I am scared to go up again just yet. I am on some other prescription meds that have to be bumped up gradually as well.
    I learned my lesson big time, I thought the OLE was gonna kill me, so now everytime I start a new supplement I go WAY slow. Better safe than sorry!!
    I don't know that the OLE has helped my fibro much, but I tell you, my gums, which I have had terrible problems with are really improving.

Good Luck Hon.
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I am taking Seagate OLE, which is supposed to be the most potent brand.
    I rapidly increased it to where I have been taking 6 capsules per day, 450 mgs. each, for a total of 2,700 mgs. daily. The only thing I've noticed is a small bit of indigestion, but nothing bad.
    I have had no herxing, no drop in blood pressure, no nothing.
    Could any of you OLE experts tell me....could this mean I don't have any smoldering pathogens?
    That would be nice!
    Klutzo

[This Message was Edited on 08/17/2003]
  6. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

but, that is far from my experience...however, have you noticed any positive changes since being on the OLE? If not, I would venture to say that you don't need it..I don't think that Pat experienced much herxing, but did get good positive results, so you may need her input, here..

Plantscaper
  7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I started feeling dramatically better when I began taking whey, but that was a week before starting OLE, and there has been no further improvement. Maybe Pat will see this post and give her opinion.
    Thanks, Klutzo
  8. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

with Whey, and I take the undenatured type..What brand do you use? Have you ever been on the Nattokinase or the Lumbrokinase?

It is really wierd how we can each be very different in reaction to various meds...sorry, the OLE did not help, although you must not have pathogens, hopefully..it has been my most effective treatment..I think that Lucky was another one who did not have much herxing, but is experiencing a lot of positive benefits from OLE...so staying on it longer may prove to be helpful...

Plantscaper
  9. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I will stay on the OLE a couple more weeks to be sure, and keep raising it until I get to the maximum dose. I know I have yeast in my bowel because my tests show it, but it must not be enough to cause a herx.

I take the Jarrow Brand Whey, which is supposed to have the highest concentration of Branch Chain Amino Acids of any whey product. The BCAA's (leucine, isoleucine and valine) are very important to raising neurotransmitter levels, which is what my doc is trying to do. This brand also has a lot of L-tryptophan and L-tyrosine, which are also essential to raising neurotransmitters. My test results wshowed my neurotransmitter levels are in the bargain basement, so I may be very sensitive to even small improvements, and that may be why the Whey seems to help. It has caused some gas though! I have never taken any other whey of any type before.

Klutzo