Double dosed on Pain meds (Brain Fog)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jakeg, Dec 16, 2005.

1. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I had a bad night last nite severe pain. I've been up since midnight and have taken 1 vicodin @ 2:00 AM(5/500 I write it in a log when I take them because of the fog)I think I just took 2 of these but I'm not sure I think this was at 7:30 this morning, I forgot to write it down. I really feel like the choosen icon. I have't felt this way before after taking 1 of them. Is this anything to really worry about as long as it does not get any worse?
    [This Message was Edited on 12/17/2005]
  2. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

Obviously, I'm not a doctor, but if you are worried about taking 2 of the 5/500 doses, 5 1/2 hours after the last dose, that is well within the limits that are often prescribed. My doc has given me the ok to do that with severe pain.

Probably a call to your doc wouldn't be a bad idea, though. I'm just telling you what my doc told me was ok for me.
  3. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

I routinely take 2 of 5/500 Vicodin. As long as your sure you only took 2 you should be fine.

You may get nauseated and dizzy. Be sure you eat something and drink plenty of water.
  4. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

One Vicodin doesn't make me feel loopy, but two definitely do!
  5. wangotango

wangotango New Member

if you had taken 2 you should be ok. the problem with vicoden is the 500 mgs of acetaminophen it can be toxic to the liver and kindeys at high levels all day long. the 5 mgs of hydrocodone is the narcotic part and a person builds a tolerance to it very fast.
    i have been on opoid pain meds for so long that 160 mgs of oxycontin does not even phase me, (i have done what you did in the middle of a bad cluster headache i took 2 80mg tabs) the headache went away and nothing else happened to where i could tell a difference.
    good luck bill
  6. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I'm feeling much better now. It's good to know some of the info that you all have mentioned, just incase this happens again. Sometimes the fog is so thick I can't remember something that happened 5 seconds ago.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL

Jake