Double Wammy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by grannymal, Sep 27, 2005.

1. grannymal

grannymal New Member

Has anyone had total Knee Replacements on both knees with Fibro along with this Knees in constant pain. Iam only 45 yrs old.Please help?
  2. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Hi Grannymal,No I haven't had knee surgery but I know that I'm going to have it one day. My right knee is worse.In pain all the time!!!Why did you have both knees done at one time? I think it would be easier to have one at a time done!
    How does the Fibro effect the surgery? I would like to learn as much as possible about it.Yes 45 is young for knee surgery,I wonder why so young?
    Thanks Shirley
  3. grannymal

grannymal New Member

fairydust39, thanks for replying!

I Have Been diagnosed with Fibro, about 4yrs. Shortly after that I had ostroarthrtis in both knees they deterated so fast that I could barely walk. The Dr. Does both Knees at once. I would never do or if some has to have that done at a time. It is a very painful surgery.
    all so have had scare tissue they had to operate to take out. So after all that they cut so many nerves and muscles that makes my fibro hurt my knee all the time. Some days I wish I never had my knees replaced.