Doubting diagnosis + pain questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srs7874, Aug 21, 2006.

1. srs7874

srs7874 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I am 32 years old and was first told I might have fibromyalia when I was 17. I didn't really get an official diagnosis until about a year ago. I test negative for everything else so I fit into the "disease of exclusion" umbrella that is FM but I don't always have the trigger points. I guess I just don't know if I really have it. I read so many posts on this site to learn more about what other people experience and I feel like, while I am uncomfortable, I am not in serious pain. Right now I am very achy from the waste down. I get mild shooting pains in my groin, down my legs, etc. and my right foot hurts when I walk but it is not anything that limits my day to day actions. My elbows and wrists ache and my vulvadynia is acting up. Is there anyone out there with more dull aches then severe pains? Also, does anyone tend to have one side that is worse off? The majority of my ailments are on the left.

On the one hand, I feel lucky that my pain is not too bad. On the other, I wish I new for sure that is was fibromyalgia.

...OK, I just got a random pain on my arm betweem my elbow and wrist. Is it the bone? Is it the muscle? Is it the nerve? It only lasted for 2 seconds. And now my fingers are hurting as I type. What a confusing disease!

Thanks for letting me rant!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/21/2006]
  2. srs7874

srs7874 New Member

Thanks for the responses. Good to know that others have more trouble on one side than the other. I guess though the bigger part of my question was regarding degree of pain. Anyone out there have more of a dull ache than severe, debilitating pain?
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

for the first 4-5 yrs of this FM.
    But the last 5 yrs its progressively gotten worse.
    Maybe its because my pain is'nt treated well???
    I don't know?
    I don't know why some progress,..some stay about the same,and some (very few) get better.??
    But I'm one of the unlucky ones.
    I consider my pain above a 7 daily.

For me its bad enough to interfere with daily living~
    cooking,cleaning,running around,working,etc.

I'm limited alot. I have to pace myself.
    I never make 2 appt/commitments in one day because thats just to much for me.

I have one side thats much worse too. Its my left.
    Left hip,L knee,L groin.
    Hope this helps~
    Tandy
  4. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

My sister and my uncle were both dx'd with extremely mild forms of FM. You can have FM but not be in serious pain.

Having FM doesnt mean you have severe pain all of the time or have it necissarily in one place on one day and in another place on another day. The pain changes constantly.

You wouldnt even know that my sister and uncle have FM because their cases are so mild.

Hugs,
    Stephanie
  5. srs7874

srs7874 New Member

You all are so helpful. Thanks!