Doubting my disease

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scrump97, Sep 20, 2006.

1. scrump97

scrump97 New Member

I have been diagnosed with FM for several years now and am going through a particularly bad time. My pain level is not at all bad right now but the fatigue is overwhelming and the depression is really bad. I'm being treated for all but what if it's just depression that I can't fight my way out of so I just lay around alot?
    I had 2 really good days a week ago and it felt so good but I was so scared that the energy would go away and it has. I can bear the pain more than the fatigue.
    SJ
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm so sorry that you are going thorough this. It's tough but it's very common with FM. Many of us have depression as well and why wouldn't we, having to deal with this disease?!
    Fibromyalgia is real so try not to doubt yourself. It is like riding a roller coaster, there are ups and downs all the time.
    I'm glad you are geting treated and hope that you stay on the board. It is such a great place for support and information. We are all scared at some time and that's when coming here is such a great help.
    I hope you feel better.
    Kathy
  3. scrump97

scrump97 New Member

Thanks for your support. I'd rather have big blotches or something that would say, look, I'm real and today is a bad day!
    SJ
  4. Maribelle

Maribelle New Member

Dear SJ

I feel exactly the same way. The fatigue is so bad that I just want to crawl in bed and never get up. I have been in
    a bad place lately....depressed too. I find very little joy in my life. I can barely get thru the day. I am not
    sleeping and I know that this contributes greatly to my
    fatigue. My mind is filled with doubt and despair.

I was diagnosed a few years ago and everyday I question if
    FM is what I really have. Then I will have good days with
    normal energy and little pain. I get eager to resume my
    old life and then whammo...I crash. The roller coaster is
    too much sometimes.

Thanks for sharing because I was feeling really alone with
    all of this and now I know that there are others who feel
    the same way. Thank God for the board.

Take care and I will say a prayer for you.

Maribelle
  5. Fredericka

Fredericka New Member

Remember that the depression is secondary to having the disease. I wasn't depressed before I got sick, just after, and because of hurting so much all the time, and all the symptoms from FMS/CFS. I don't know where one begins, the other ties in, or where it all ends.

Just hope to be around still when they finally DO come up with the answers.

Hang in there!

NEVER doubt yourself! This "disease guilt" can be horrible and crushing.

It is NOT your fault!