Downtown Minneapolis Skyline Montage

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wish_to_be_healthy, Jan 12, 2007.

1. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

Where I'm from...and where I live again...

This one has more architecture

[This Message was Edited on 01/12/2007]
  2. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Yeh,California Dreamin right enough,was enjoying watching the vid & the music was so soothing that I nearly dropped off,LOL.
    Thanks for the link,
  3. wish_to_be_healthy

Glad you liked it...A different version from the Mama's ands the Papa's!
  4. wish_to_be_healthy

5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Well they both started out good for me, and looked nice, but then they stopped so i couldn't watch the whole thing.

My computor is very tempermental since getting the lastest explorer 7 update!

No fair! No fun!! LOL

Try the video below and tell me if you like it!
    It's the flying french man!!
  6. wish_to_be_healthy

I'll try it again tomorrow....

Stay warm!

7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

the difference. In CA things are cool, but in MN they are cold.

Lived in MN my first 27 years. Used to work for Hennepin County. Now been in CA 40 years.

Hey, MSS, that flying Frenchman is amazing. Sacre Bleu!
  8. wish_to_be_healthy

And that Mpls is COLDDDDDDD!!!!

Certainly is today....That is why I moved to that sleepy, little town in the IE...Check out that video.

But, I found the videos I shared them : )

Maybe I'll find a nice Video of LA's downtown...I drove in on the 10 plenty of times to see it sitting in the LA Basin...on a clear winter's day (summer it was a bit hard to see because of the smog)

The smog would roll into Redlands about May, amnd stay till the Santa Anna's would blow it back out to LA in Sept/Oct/Nov/You couldn't see the mountains for months because of the smog.

Hey I saw last night on the news that FONTANA had SNOW yesterday...Must be pretty cold in So Cal today also...Bet the Mountains look beautiful!!!

As you KNOW weather is a BIG STORY here...anybodies weather...not just from the "Chosen Frozen"[This Message was Edited on 01/13/2007]
  9. wish_to_be_healthy

Can't get that video to work on this computer...I'm going to try it on my husbands lap top that he has for his job.

Staying warm up there today?

Got it to work on my husband's computer...C'est Incroyable!!!!

[This Message was Edited on 01/13/2007]
  10. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Pretty Minneapolis skyline montage in the first one, with nice music (is that music from RUDY or something?)

I've been in the old Metrodome many times, to see the Twins and the Vikings. I always hated it, though. When I was a kid in the early 70s, my dad would take me to double-headers at the Met Stadium, and we would see Rod Carew, Burt Blyleven, or Harmon Killibrew play.

My sister lives in Minnetonka and my father in Wabasha.
    I grew up in South St. Paul and Inver Grove Heights. It's funny how when I was a kid, Minneapolis seemed so far away. My friend and I would ride our bikes over the high bridge in St. Paul and then down Summit Avenue, or we'd meet near Fort Snelling, and ride the bike paths from there along the river and then up past all of the lakes: Harriet, Nokomis, and Lake of the Isles.

In college, I was in Northfield.

Like Rockgor, I'm transplanted; I've been in New Mexico since '91.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/13/2007]
  11. wish_to_be_healthy

I thought it went beautifully with the pictures...I especially liked the storm shots when downtown looks grey, with the dark blue background...well, I liked them all : )

I've posted on the other thread about my ambivalence of missing here, when I was in So Cal, and me missing there, while I am back here in Mpls...

There is beauty everywhere...My roots are here...and I love this City of the Lakes...I live 4 blocks away from Calhoun in Uptown.

But I was surprized at how much I miss Redlands...I knew I would miss So Cal, and all of the fun we had out there (and the fact that I felt better out there, and am pretty sick again back here)

When I saw the Redlands video...I felt a similar feeling for there...I lived there 8 years...A sunny, desert, beauty...and houses that look like they came from back here.
    (Redlands was founded by folks from the midwest, and some from the east...the Marmalade Mansions don't look that different from many houses here in SW Mpls)

I especially miss the views of the mountains, the citrus groves, and the palm trees lining them...Unfortuatley, progress has come to that small town...the Groves are being ripped up for subdivisons, and businesses...

I should put up the video link the guy that did the montage (the other video was done by a Architecture photgrapher based in Chicago)He has a montage of the desert...Nevada I think.

I'll have to get out to New Mexico sometime...I drove thru Tucumcari when I was 14...first road trip out to CA.
  12. morningsonshine

Sorry it won't play for you, it's really amazing!

It did pause on me the first time for a while, then it would resume.

I should post it under it's own thread so maybe other animal and horse lovers could find it.

The sky line was pretty, from a none citified person, it played that one half way thur, the other wouldn't play at all.

This morning it was 19 below zero, aren't all you previous Minnesotans, glad you have moved!??
  13. wish_to_be_healthy

WOW...C'est Manifique!!!

Going to send that one out to my horse loving friends.

Staying warm here...I actually have a temp, so I'm staying REALLY warm...caught a cold or strep throat.

PS the skyine montage is really great at the end...I hope you can get it to run all the way through.[This Message was Edited on 01/13/2007]
  14. morningsonshine

Glad you enjoyed it.

My son had a sore throat and ran a high temp for two days, and night. His voice is about gone, but seems much better today, no fever.

Drink your liquids.

15. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I can see how you'd miss Redlands; it looks beautiful.

So you live near Lake Calhoun? I couldn't remember the name of that one, for some reason.