Doxepin Withdrawn

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mjgkennedy, Jun 30, 2006.

1. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

I was on Elavil for about eight years and it really helped with my RLS, nerve pain but I went off it on account of weight gain and sweating. I was on 20m and boy did I have a terrible time going off it.

I suffer from Chemical Sensitivities, and rashes something awful and was a kept awake every night scratching and coming up in hives.

I tried all the antihistimanes but none worked. I was put on Doxepin and my hives disappeared and my itching. It did not help with sleeping though. I have now been told it has been withdrawn and I am dreading going back t he way I was with hives etc.

Does anyone know any other medication that helps with hives and sleep as I am dreading going off it but I must as the drug store told me it had been withdrawn.

Appreciate help.

Mary
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

I have used Doxepin for about 10-15 years. I just filled my last script about 2 weeks ago, so I know it is still available in USA. I see you are from Ireland. Interesting, I have severe ECZEMA on my face and it causes sleeplessness and SEVERE itching. I used to be on 125 mg. Doxepin for YEARS. When I added L-Tryptophan, I tapered my Doxepin down to 10 mg. Hmmmmm, might that have been keeping my eczema in check all those years? Hmmmmmmmm