Doxy...where are you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hermitlady, Mar 24, 2008.

1. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

just looking.....I got blown out of the water in the chat room. Can't keep up!

i posted a reply on the FM board where you were looking for me and now it's gone. Did you delete it?

I think the mods pulled it, maybe cuz it should have been on this board instead.

Anyway, my Dr gave me MScontin 15mg last wk and I was wondering if you've ever taken it. I just got some and I can't tolerate it, is it a strong one? Just made me loopy all day. I was supposed to take it for longer acting pain relief.

Just seem to be the med guru.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/24/2008]
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I'm not Doxy but I thought I'd pop in if that's okay.
    MSContin is very strong to some. Unfortunately for me - it did nothing, but I'm used to taking some stronger medication. Can you doc give you a lower dose? I'm not sure if it comes in lower mgs. Unfortunately you can't split those - very dangerous.
    Some people tolerate Oxycontin better than MSContin, some the other way around. We're all so different - it's a matter of trial and error!
    I'd maybe call your doc and see if there are any other options. Did it help with your pain though? =)
  3. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Dr gave MScontin to me to try for a longer acting pain med. I usually take 2 7.5/325 Norco 3x day during the day. I was the one who was worried about taking that much Norco, but he said it was fine. Just suggested I could try the MScontin and use Norco for breakthru pain.

The hydrocodone in Norco works well for my pain and even helps give me a bit of energy, but the MS contin made me tired and loopy. That's why I didn't like it. I don't need to be anymore tired than I already am!!