Doxycycline reactions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cristine04, Mar 31, 2003.

1. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

Hey just wondering what sort of reactions/herxing any of you have experienced while on Doxy. I've been on it for 6 days now and I am extraordinarily exhausted. No nausea, fevers, etc-- just so tired with average muscle aches and weakness. This is an experimental treatment b/c all of my lyme tests have been negative. I hope I didn't take this for nothing, I hope the tired feeling I have now is b/c the toxins are dying off, lyme related or not.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I also get tired when I first start back on the Doxy. About three days in, I get diarrhea, I feel like I have the flu, and I have a burning sensation in my torse. It usually lasts about 24 hours.

Love, Mikie
  3. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

Mikie,

If I just feel extremely tired after being on Doxy for one week--no loose bowels, fevers- does that mean I do not have the lyme bacteria? I'm just wondering- I mean since Iam younger maybe the herx reaction won't be as severe. You are taking it for CF right? Oh I'm so confused, this is like an out of body experience lately, like not knowing the person inside my body.
  4. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

Karen,

What finally led them to the lyme diagnosis? I begged the doctor to treat me with doxycycline (after having lyme like symptoms for 9 months) even though my blood work was coming back negative. I feel tired and have muscle weakness, along with dehydration too. Sound familiar? Did you also have flare up months--like a good month then bad one? For me February was good, March not so much. I have done acupuncture and do basic house cleaning so I can move around and get some "exercise." Sometimes the symptoms are exacerbated by physical activity. But other times it feels great to move around, makes the muscles feel better than they do when I am just sitting. I am interested in stories of lyme symptoms, treatment, recovery.
  5. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

Please tell me of a lyme discussion group!! I also need to find a lyme literate doctor in my area.

Thank you so much !
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

These kind folks know more about Lymes Disease than I do and have provided lots of good info for you. Good luck.

Love, Mikie