doxygirl, suzetal, brie, silky17, and kalaya - Thank you all

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaltair, Oct 12, 2005.

1. jaltair

jaltair New Member

For your words and your encouragement. I was so very totally miserable last night, and you helped me quite a bit as I read your entries.

kalaya - I continue to feel pretty tired and achy, but I could feel those prayers today for the peace of heart and mind because I went to work just simply knowing that God would lead me in what to do. Thank you so much.

doxygirl, suzetal, and brie - I have been thinking about the FMLA, my husband and I have even discussed my taking leave. The doctor has been filling an FMLA form out for me every year so that if I accumulate time off, I can have up to the 12 weeks it will allow. My supervisor informed me when I tried to use the FMLA intermittently that as a supervisor (or someone who is "exempt") I couldn't take FMLA as "partial time." I may have to take the straight time off. I know my sick won't cover that amount as I've used up nearly all of my sick time. I'd have to go on the state disability that we have in California. One thing that bothers me about doing that is that if I do go back to work, I wouldn't be able to come back without loosing accumulation toward retirement. That means that I'd have to work as many months as I take off!

Thanks to you, silky17. You took words right from my mouth about doubting the very pain and fatigue that I have!

Today, I woke up and felt so selfish after I once again listened to the news about the earthquake and thought about the hurricane. There are so many people who have pain and suffering. It really helped me to get to work with better thoughts in my mind. I just had to focus on those others and say prayers their way. Why is it that I have to feel guilty about feeling selfish because I hurt and am so tired? I think that someone had a philosophy or psychology or some type of outlook, can't remember who, but I remember reading and studying, "I'm ok, your ok." I liked that idea. I think that we are all ok and just trying to do the best that we can given the time in this spectrum of eternity that we have to live.

I think what God is telling me right now to wait for the results from the sleep study and think about the medications I'm taking as far as being the cause of some of the depression and possible fatigue that I've been feeling before taking certain action. This morning, I didn't take the Cymbalta, however, will take it tonight before going to bed to see if that makes a difference during the day. If things don't work out, I'll take a short leave (maybe a month?) to see if my body feels better during not working (how could it not!).

God bless you all for your words, thoughts, and prayers. Love and warm wishes,

Jeannette
  2. kalaya

kalaya New Member

to see that you were lifted up by those who extended themselves to you.Jesus won't ever ditch you but we still will suffer trials inspite of this.God bless.
  3. kalaya

kalaya New Member

to see that you were lifted up by those who extended themselves to you.Jesus won't ever ditch you but we still will suffer trials inspite of this.God bless.