Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ABLUV, Apr 17, 2008.

1. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

Hello Doxygirl, I read the 911 posts about your horrid pain
    How are you today? I hope you're feeling better.

I was wondering if you have already tried some of the antidepressants that manage the pain - I am on elavil (generic: amytriptilene) that doesn't work for everyone but there are other anti depressants if you have not already tried them.

Also, taking epsom salt baths regularly (2x a week) feeds the nervous system; epsom salt is high in magnesium which is so good for the nerves.

One more thing, because this horrible illness magnifies pain in the nervous system by 1,000!!!, it is good to strengthen the nervous system with foods, vitamins, etc. There is an herb called Skullcap that nourishes the nervous system. You can get it at a health food store. I use the loose leaf with a tea ball. It soothes the nerves and it is cheap. Another herb that soothes is Oatstraw; this one has a good effect on the mood as well. Using herbs as well as meds and vitamins helps me.

Hopefully others on this board have some ideas for what to do when the pain flares out of control.

Prayers and hugs,

2. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I am overwhelmed at how you and others have come to my 911 call!

I feel so lucky to have so many people that care about me and "IAM LUCKY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My heart is so grateful and says thank you ....this means more to me than you could possibly know........I will remember you and I want you to know that if you ever need me for anything I will be here for you "YOU CAN COUNT ON ME"

If I feel better later today I will go to my local health food store and get the things you mentioned......

I did do an epsoms salt bath....and I took another norco....( my fifth one today ) and I also took a 20 mg oxycodone I found ( did not know I had it ) and I also took a muscle relaxer and 1/2 of a sleeping pill!

Sounds like a lot I know but that is how bad my pain really is....Iam still in pain!!!!!!after all of that!

Iam going to try to have my son go to my pharmacy ( which is over an hour away) and have him pick up my new medication..."oxydose"....another member here is taking it and she mentioned it was helpful I so hope it works for me!

My sleeping pill is starting to kick in......and I am sure that sleep is what I need since this pain has been non stop for over 17 hours now!!!!!

I thank you again with all my heart for making a special post just for me have really touched my heart and my soul and it means everything that you did this !!!!!!!!

Love and hugs
  3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

It's nice to see you back here. I was getting worried about you too.