Dr. Allison Bested is the Director - please help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by glenp, Dec 3, 2012.

1. glenp

glenp New Member

Dr. Allison Bested is the director of the new clinic that will be opening in Vancouver. There is a contest which we hope to raise a good amount of money for the the new clinic. Please help by voting daily for 10 days. Dr David Patrick is leading a research on our illnesses.

http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf13624
    Www.facebook.com/AvivaCCDC

You can either vote through facebook or directly through the aviva site
  2. MicheleK

MicheleK Moderator

I voted today and will vote each day for my fellow patients in Canada.
  3. frenchtulip

frenchtulip Member

The project will fund equipment to be used for clinical services and research for ME/CFS, fibromyalgia, chronic Lyme disease, and multiple chemical sensitivities! The project could get funded up to $150,000! The research will help patients worldwide! Please vote DAILY through Dec. 12th! Thank you for your help!
  4. mbofov

mbofov Member

Thanks for posting this !

Mary
  5. glenp

glenp New Member

thank you all for helping - they need to be in the top 10 to win -

Part of the winnings would be used to buy a special freezer that will be used by researchers in storing blood for research on patients
  6. glenp

glenp New Member

Please remember to vote - if you are finding it too difficult pm me and I will help - most are voting for a new skateboard park rather then the chronic disease clinic
  7. frenchtulip

frenchtulip Member

Thanks to everyone for your votes and for asking family, friends, and colleagues to vote! The project is doing very well, but needs to make it into the top ten to qualify to win money! This would be a terrific win for Canada and for ME/CFS! The popular "fun" projects offer tough competition. Please continue voting and asking others to vote! Your help is most appreciated!
    http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf13624[This Message was Edited on 12/07/2012]
  8. glenp

glenp New Member

Dr. Alison Bested, Medical Director of Complex Chronic Diseases Program, would like to thank our many wonderful Aviva supporters:

“Thanks so much to every person who has voted daily for BC Women’s in the Aviva Community Fund. Your support means so much more to us than voting in a contest. You are showing real people who are physically sick with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, and Tick Borne Illnesses (e.g. Lyme disease) that you truly care.

This contest brings hope for more than 100,000 British Columbians living with these illnesses and the tools to help them through BC Women’s Complex Chronic Diseases Program.

Your votes in the Aviva Community Fund could help us win $150,000 for urgently needed research equipment. The equipment will allow us to start innovative research to improve our understanding of these illnesses. This equipment will allow us to treat patients more effectively in the future.

Thank you for supporting the Complex Chronic Diseases Program at BC Women’s in the Aviva Community Fund. I hope you’ll continue to vote for us daily.

We are very close to making the final round, where we would be guaranteed at least $5,000 and a chance for $150,000.

Keep pressing that vote button.”
    http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf13624

Medical equipment for a new chronic diseases clinic in Vancouver
  9. glenp

glenp New Member

part of the money would be used for a special freezer which researchers need - -minus 80 degree Celsius upright freezer to store future patient samples for ongoing research in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Lyme disease and Fibromyalgia
    -refrigerated centrifuge to spin down the samples
    -software system to track the patient samples and a label producing machine to track the samples in the freezer