Dr. appointment today.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Aug 6, 2006.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I have an appointment with my PCP today. My ID doc wanted me to go back and see him because of my fevers lately. He feels strongly that the fevers are being caused by something else rather than the CFIDS, because of how high they have been. So, it's off to see my PCP who I haven't seen in over a year. Every time I make an appointment with his office, I end up seeing his associate who does absolutely NOTHING for me.

I had a fever of 103 for 5 days straight in March. I went to see his associate twice during that week. I called his office twice due to awful heart palpitations. It's a wonder I was still standing. Actually, I was driving since it was my last week of classes. He still did absolutely nothing. He told me I was dehydrated and needed to drink Gatorade!

Anyway, enough about that. I hope my PCP can help me today. If he's not willing to do any further testing, I'm going to see if he will write a script for the bloodwork that FFC requests, that way the insurance company may pay for a good amount of it. If he says no, then I may have to cancel my appointment with FFC, because I cannot afford thousands of dollars in blood tests alone. And at that point, I will be looking for a new doctor.

Gosh, I really hope he listens to me today. I'm tired of just sitting back and waiting for someone to help me. I'm taking charge of my health.

Hugs,
    Kim
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I know how hard it is when you can't get your Doc to see the problem. Clearly, you need some action and I hope you get it today.

Kathy.
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

If you are not getting the help you need from your present
    Doc, find another that is knowledgable and supportive of
    your needs. We must put ourselves in the position of be-
    ing our own best advocates!

Let us know how things go,
    MRDAD
  4. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

Well, I had my appointment and things went okay. He didn't run ALL of the tests I wanted him to, but he is running thorough immune-related blood tests. He's testing for Lyme, but he claims that they couldn't do the Western Blot as a screening. He said they only run that if the ELISA comes back positive for Lyme. I'm satisfied with the bloodwork he's doing for now, however, he wouldn't test for CMV or HHV-6 like I wanted him to. If nothing shows up in this latest batch of bloodwork (gosh I feel like a human pin cushion), then I'll call my ID doc and demand that he run those. If he will not do it for me, then I'm going to start over with a new ID doc.

My PCP will not write a script for the blood work from FFC. So, unfortunately I had to cancel my appointment with them, as I cannot afford to pay for the lab work out of pocket. So, I have to fast tonight and will go for the bloodwork first thing tomorrow. Then, I'll have them fax the results to my parents' house.

Thank you all for your support. You know how frustrating this can be. I just hate feeling like the doctors are missing something.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim
  5. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

i know it is so frustrating for the people that do not have adequet dr. care, or dr. that dont know how to help us.
    glad he at least did some of the blood work