dr. appt and 2 new med's klnopin and clinil/sulindac

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, Apr 14, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

iwent in for appt...i am still running a fever since wednesday...i wonder how long i have been running it now for?
    no sore throat or nasal/chest stuf...so hopefully it is just from fibro...it was 99.9 on wed and 98.9 this morning...or early afternon..

wel anywsy i thought i would be getting some more tenderpoint injections w/lidocaine...well he said it wouldn't do me any good because i have it all over my body and what i needed if i was up to taking another pill..was klonopin for a deeper sleep and longer one...

he said fibro is neurological problem which casues pain...he said start out with this and stop the ambien...and try it get back w/him or my pcp...and we can keep it up...

told him about my allergic reactions and he reviewed the computer stuff on my reactions on stuff...he said we will try everything out a low doses..

he did say acupuncture may be a little more beneficial than the tenderpoint injections...

i said i have tried the injections before and i feel like i would hve to be in here everyday to get some relief...

well is is to another tryjodie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

As y'all know, Klonopin has been a God send for me. Our muscles are repaired at night when we sleep. If we do not get good quality sleep, we have pain. In addition, our pain is amplified by FMS Substance P in our CNS. The Klonopin helps in several ways. It helps get good sleep and it disrupts pain signals in the brain. The longer one is on it, the better it works for pain.

Because I am improving, I am trying to wean down on the Klonopin. I've added 1/4 of a tablet of melatonin, which also helps me sleep. I take the ZMA sold here, but I have to take it earlier in the evening so as not to have the magnesium in it interfere with the Klonopin.

If Dr. St. Amand is right, and judging by how much the Guai has helped my FMS pain, I think he is, tender point injections for FMS are only temporary fixes as is massage. The phosphate debris crystals can be broken down but the body will just redeposit them in the tender soft tissue. If one has MPS and trigger points, it can be a different situation. FMS and MPS require different approaches.

I hope the Klonopin works well for you. Let us know.

Love, Mikie
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

thank you for your replies...

i got the klonnpin cover through the meci-cal and nope medicare wouldn't cover it...so it all worked out..

my neck is really worse today...i tweaked it in the shower so easily washing hair...i have done this before...

i see dr in the late morning, normal pcpc...i will be testing her and if i do not like it i will go with the new dr that prescribed me the klonopin...

he seems more of what i will like...for a dr....

and he is in a greement about klonopin...it was nice i didn't even have to mention it...i have read mikie's post and wondered why the heck my old pcp has not ever prescribed it or the pain dr's..

so this new man i saw on friday seemed so more in tuned w/what mikie has said and that dr..tintilbaum? i think..

i need to get into a hot shower and can you believe i have no epsom salt for a btah....

i forgot it at costco.../

joid