Dr Appt was interesting

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teller7, Apr 9, 2003.

1. teller7

teller7 New Member

My doctor is sending me for physical theropy. Also, he wants me to see a psychotherapist. He wants me to try bio feed back. I'm going to go for it. I'll try anything. Has anyone else done this?
  2. bravegirl

bravegirl New Member

I've been to PT, the soft tissue massage helped. Unfortunately my ins won't cover fibro treatments, so I can go only for flairs and then fibro can't be dx. I can get only a few treatments or they consider it chronic and of course that is out of the question for coverage. Same doc suggested yoga. Someone else suggested bio feed back, but haven't done either of these.
    bravegirl
  3. Dara

Dara New Member

and it really didn't help at all. In fact, it caused sever muscle spasms in my lower back and just made things worse. Finally my doctor admitted that with Fibro it doesn't always help and can sometimes make things worse. He advised me to stop the PT.

Dara
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If it's the right kind. Mine is basically stretching and flexing to maintain strength and flexibility. My exercises can even be done in bed. I continued them even when I was basically bedridden. If one does not maintain flexibility, it will go away and one will have limited mobility. It is very important to stay flexible. The stretching helps with the pain, but if one is in too much pain to begin with, it can make matters worse. This is where good pain meds come in.

Seeing a therapist will help with anxiety. My anxiety/panic attackes were physiological and I ended up having to take Klonopin, but the therapy also helped. I just ended some hypnotherapy to help me "remember," at the cellular level, to be a well person. The mind/body/spirit connection cannot be overstated. Good luck.

Love, Mikie