Dr. Ashok Gupta will be attending CFS conference

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LindaJones, Mar 8, 2009.

1. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member

Dr. Ashok Gupta will be attending the CFS conference in Reno Nevada.
    He has had much success with his CFS therapy and will be sharing the
    information with the CFS community.
  2. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

Is he going to be an official speaker at the conference? that would be shocking to me. it could also be damaging to the cfs community in general. like people and drs dont already think that cfs is a psychological disosrder. gupta could really help increase that terrible misconception.

i am sure that a few people who have the label of cfs have been helped w his program. i bet these would be people who were sick due to stress, anxiety, and depression, and/or other psychological/psychiatric disorders. but show me the people who have all the ME and cfids physical abnormalities-- ie- low nat killer cell, extremely elevated viral titers, low cortisol, lesions in the brain, high rnasel, post exertional malaise, etc etc. thats what i have.

show me people like me, who do guptas program and recover WITHOUT use of hormones, antiviral meds, etc. now that i would love to see. show me their blood test results before and after gupta program.

how i would love for anything to help sick people suffering w cfs. but some half baked bs con about "retraining the amygdala" ain't gonna be it. people, wake up and smell the scam!

[This Message was Edited on 03/08/2009]
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I am shocked that he would be presenting and it is really going to hurt the credibility of this conference.

Is there any way to find out if this information is correct?

If it is true, I find this very disappointing.

There are other more important therapies that need to be discussed.

4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I find it a little alarming, too, but he does say that CFS is a physical illness, not a psychological one, and he does stress that this treatment not CBT ....that said I am very skeptical of his claims and his treatment, and it does still sound like treatment is more psych than physical....I hope that having him present will either expose him for a fraud or encourage further research into it IF there is any validity to what he says....but I also worry that this might be another setback or at the least another way to sidetrack research

LISALOO New Member

From an e-mail I received today

"Hope you are well! I am pleased to announce that I have been invited to present a poster abstract at the International Association of CFS/ME Conference in Reno, Nevada USA, from the 12th to the 15th of March 09."

"The poster abstract will cover the results from the latest Clinical Audit of patient outcomes which has yielded very positive results. This will be an opportunity for both professionals and patients to understand more about the amygdala hypothesis, and may open up avenues for future funding for a large scale trial."

Personally i dont' think the results of the study were sound. The way they did the study wasn't sound.[This Message was Edited on 03/08/2009]

P.S. I tried this, didnt' get better, mind maybe, but post external maise, the main symptom of CFS, nothing
  6. gapsych

gapsych New Member

He also makes a lot of money with this so called treatment. Plus, you can not access the deeper parts of the program without paying more money.

Even if he says it is a physical illness, his credibility is questioned by a lot of people.

There are some people who find it helpful at first but the effect does not necessarily last. Feedback has also been reported to have limited effects.

ETA. Take this with a grain of salt but people have been known to post on different boards about the wonder of this treatment. There was a person who kept posting here only on this topic and was found to be saying the same thing on other board. Interesting.[This Message was Edited on 03/08/2009]
  7. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Wow, you learn something every day.

I can't access the web site, computer problems. If anyone would be willing to post the article as long as it is not too long, I would appreciate it.

I still can not say I am happy that he is going to be there. I wish they would wait until next year since the first year will set a precedent.

[This Message was Edited on 03/09/2009]