Dr. Bell Presentation and the scientific method.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gapsych, Jan 31, 2010.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

While watching the Dr. Bell presentation, it became very apparent that not only does he present the information on XMRV in a straightforward clear manner, but the talk shows the importance of the Scientific Method.

I would suggest that everyone watch this video not only for the valuable information about the XMRV but also how studies/theories are developed and why the scientific method is considered the "gold standard" when it comes to research.

I am posting this for informational purposes and not to debate the efficacy of the scientific method.

This video is absolutely fascinating and can be seen at the following website which Quayman posted.

Thanks Qman!!!

2. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

It was very good; I learned a lot. I am going to have to watch it some more times in order for the info to "sink in"; I am so glad for doctors/researchers like him who understand us!

I also thank quayman for posting. I was glad to see others watched it, too!

3. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Hi! I'm unable to watch this because my computer cannot handle the file. Any ideas? I've waited for an hour for some of it to start, but then got several minutes of nothing, and when he started to speak, it was stopping and starting every 3 seconds... so I was unable to listen to it due to my old computer. Any suggestions, besides get a new computer, lol?

Fight :)
  4. sunnyslumber

sunnyslumber New Member

how does this one compare to the Judy Mikovits one? A lot of the same or different angle? I.E. maybe more clinical?