Dr Bell

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrotina1, Mar 30, 2006.

1. fibrotina1

fibrotina1 New Member

Just want to let everyone know that Dr Bell has advised his patients he will hopefully be retiring this year!! One of my friends go to him and that is what he told her so I thought I would pass this information on.

2. findmind

findmind New Member

I know lots of people will be sad to hear that...but happy for him. He has helped thousands of CFS patients, maybe 100s of 1000s! A kind, compassionate, articulate and smart doctor for many years.

And such an advocate for us!

Oh my, who will take care of his patients?????

Who will advocate for us????

Can you find out if he has any plans to be involved with CFS once he retires? It would be a great loss if he just disappears into woodwork!

findmind
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

I do wish him the best.......he deserves. I also wonder if he will still do anything for CFIDS in his retirement. Of course he certainly needs a break from all of this.
  4. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Since he has CFIDS it surprises me he has worked this long before retirement. He has been a true Warrior and has brought a lot of attention to this disease.

Jar
    [This Message was Edited on 03/31/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/31/2006]
  5. fibrotina1

fibrotina1 New Member

All I know is what my friend told me - He has recommended two physicians, one in Florida and one in Arizona. I don't know the physicans names, sorry. I will try to find out as soon as she is back.. she is having surgery so it might be a while before I can find out.
  6. findmind

findmind New Member

Thanks, I do hope you will eventually find out for us! Maybe some others on this board see Dr. Bell? Please let us know if you are...

jarjar...I didn't know Dr. Bell had CFIDS...or did I? LOL, my brain is gone!

findmind
  7. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I had read years ago from a RN that had met him in a conference that he was dealing with CFIDS but doesn't doesn't talk about it much. But as they say don't believe everything you read. I just presumed she would have no reason to make that up.

Jar
  8. Dolphin_lover

Dolphin_lover New Member

I have read about the great work Dr. Bell has done for years and years. I had no idea he had CFIDS. Does anyone know anything about his current state of health or his treatment protocol?

We wish him a long, happy, healthy, and peaceful retirement.

Dolphin