Dr Bested Toronto Ontario, Anyone been?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shanwill, Mar 28, 2006.

1. shanwill

shanwill Member

So after much debate I have decided to go to Dr Bested in Toronto. I have an appointment in a month with the Naturopath their first.
    Am feeling abit nervous about it though. I'm just wondering if I'm travelling down another dead end road and wasting money on my hopes. I'm just so desperate to get better I'm hoping it's worth the effort and 4 hr drive to see her. (no success with doctors here)

Anyone been or know anything on this doctor and her success rate?
    Shannon
  2. maps

maps New Member

I live in Toronto and she is considered the best. When I was looking for a dr she was recommended but her waiting list was way too long.

I am seing a dr that is in constant contact with her.

Regards
    Maps
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I have posted on Dr Bested before. I have been seeing her for 4 years. I also see Dr Beaulne, the Naturopath in the office with her. I guess you would have to ask her why they are set up that way. The way I see it however is, that Dr Bested is perhaps the only Dr specializing exclusively in these ilnesses in Toronto. She is overwhelmed with a huge patient load and is trying to find a way to keep helping as many people as possible. She has been trying to find another M.D. to join her for years and has not been able to find anyone. With Dr Beaulne helping her, at least more people can be seen. For a while, her practise was completely closed to new patients.

She would be the first to tell you this is not ideal but she spends a great deal of time lobbying and advocating for our illnesses.

I guess I am a little biased so take this as you wish. By the way, her book will be available March 31.

Kathy.