Dr Changing me from Demerol to Dilaudid need help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Charleen, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Charleen

Charleen New Member

I hope there is someone who can help me. My doctor is going to change my Demoral to dilaudid. Have been on demoral for over 17 years and it is now causing major Headaches.
    Does any one know where I can get the information about what the ratio between the two. I have tried the Virtual Hopsitals but can figure it out. Any information I can get will be appreciated
  2. kch64

kch64 New Member

3. chris350

chris350 New Member

Charlene

I am taking 4mg of Dilaudid 4 times a day for 1 month = 120 pills. Hope this helps.
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Your physician or pharmacist should be able to tell you this.
  5. gumama

gumama New Member

My Husband is a Lupus Patient, he is also in the beginning stages of Fibro...... he was on Demoral and lots of other things including Oxcontin.... he has migraines 24/7...

He had a heart attack in Dec of 2004... while in the hospital NOTHING was touching his pain, and of course because of the Nitro his headache's were out of sight.. I kept telling the nurses, ( I am one). that this wasn't working so we changed him to Dilaudid, he takes 8 mgs 3 times a day and it has made a HUGE difference.

When you have been on a drug for a long time, your body builds up a toxic condition in your body and NOTHING works.. this drug has been a God Send to him...

Hope you have as much success with it has he has.

blessings
    Gumama

[ advertisement ]