Dr Cheney DVD in transcript form?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foggygirl, Dec 3, 2006.

1. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

Does anyone know if Dr. Cheney's 9-06 DVD is available in written/transcript form?

I have two doc's I'd like to give this info to but I doubt if they'd sit down and watch all four hours of it. I thought if it was in written form, they'd be more inclined to read it.

Is this available, and if so anyone know where I could get it?

Thanks,

Foggygirl.
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

I don't know about the DVD, but his very long and detailed protocol I got online and you could print out the stuff you think is important. It's here:

http://membres.lycos.fr/chrisdel2/association/cheney/cheneyII3.html

If you can't copy and paste, the last 2 "l"s are capital i's. the rest are "L"s.

He explains everything, what tests and why and what supplements or drugs, tells about RNase L and gets real technical. It's interesting reading, too. If the doc is interested in cfs, he'd probably want to read the whole thing.

karen
  3. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

Karen,

Thanks so much for this info. I'll print it and give it to my doc along with the Cheney DVD.

I read your bio and if you can/have time, I'd really appreciate info on what you found out. I don't have the energy or concentration enough to do much research, so any info would be great.

I started with a really bad case of the mono (picked it up in the hospital after very minor surgery) which shut my liver down and caused permanent damage--the liver tests were "off the chart" then immediately morphed into CFS and FM, etc. I can't seem to be able to stand any of the anti-depressants (I'm NOT depressed) which all of these doc's seem determined that I must take. Otherwise I take Dr. Tietlebaums "Fatigued to Fantastic" drink, undenatured whey, multi-vitamins.

I know I'm still having liver problems but none of the docs seem to want to look into that.

Any suggestions? Again, any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Foggygirl
  4. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

I just checked that website you suggested and it's in French--unfortunitely I can't read in French. Is there an English version?

Foggygirl
  5. Catseye

Catseye Member

Hey, did you copy and paste or type it? It's definitely not french the one I've been looking at. I had it saved in bookmarks and I copied and pasted it.

I just copied and pasted it from the above thing and it worked.

karen

since you have the same problem I do, liver issues, I'll go through my notes and tell you how I went through Cheney's stuff and what I did. It's going to take awhile. I'll put it in the What Worked For Me thing. I'll probably start it and add to it daily be editing it. I'll start with what liver friendly stuff I take.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/04/2006]
  6. Catseye

Catseye Member

On my laptop, the IIs appear as lls. So disregard what I said about the IIs and lls. they come out looking right on this post after i post it, just not while i'm writing it.

karen
  7. deliarose

deliarose New Member

try glutathione for liver problems.

delia
  8. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

Thanks so much for your suggestions and help.

I did finally get on that site and printed it. You were right--I had to cut and paste.

Deliarose--what does that do for your liver?

Foggygirl

9. Catseye

Catseye Member

I just got through writing all the glutathione stuff so I'll tell you now while it's in my head. It's the most important detoxifier for the liver. You can get sublinguals and pills and even IVs but they usually don't work. Take N Acetyl Cysteine, like 250 mg 2-4 times a day. But be careful, if your liver's down, it will be toxic in high doses. Start slow and see if it makes you feel bad. It was the first supplement I took that helped. It is the main precursor to glutathione. You have to have it, it's in every cell. Undenatured whey protein will work but is not good if you have dairy intolerance and get an allergic reaction. I've bought some at immunesupport but I sneezed the next day so I can't use it. It's probably the first thing that screwed up when I got ill; I'll never forget that day.

karen
  10. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

Karen,

The first thing that I found to help was Dr. Teitlebuams Energy Drink, then I added the undenatured whey which made a big difference with the cognitive issues. I'm still at a fraction of what I used to be---so still not there yet.

Do you feel that if I'd stop the whey and just take glutathione directly, that it'd work better?

I also got a B-12 shot at the last doc's app't which seemed to help some.

Cheers

Foggygirl
  11. Catseye

Catseye Member

I've tried the sublinguals and didn't notice anything. In fact, I dreamed they were giving me a hole in my jaw and that was my cue to stop. Cheney has said he has given IVs and they don't really work. I tried a glutathione capsule 3 years ago and thought I was going to die. They're not supposed to be very absorbable but the feeling told me my liver didn't want it. It's like it has to be made in the body or something.

Do the NAC. There's already some in Teitelbaum's powder but I take an extra 250 mg per day. I've started my "what worked for me post". Look further on down where I start listing everything numerically. I'm up to 22 or so. I'm beat, I'll work on it more tomorrow or later. see ya, karen

If the whey's working, keep on at least for the aminos; I function better taking small amounts of aminos all day long like the energy enfusion (1/4 scoop 4-5 times per day) and whey protein several times a day[This Message was Edited on 12/04/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/04/2006]