Dr. Cheney - has anyone gone to his clinic?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerriM, Feb 5, 2003.

1. TerriM

TerriM New Member

I saw the messages about Dr. Goldstein in California and have heard not so good things about many people who claim to be CFS Experts. However, Dr. Cheney seems reputable and his papers very informative. I would love to hear from anyone who has seen him or someone at his clinic. I understand they don't do insurance there, but you can send it in yourself . . . any idea if their prices are outrageous as well?

As many of you have, I lost my full-time career job due to this illness and I was the primary source of income for my family . . . many drs. I've seen in my insurance plan have no idea what to do with me and my symptoms . . . anyone who does doesn't seem to take insurance and charges high prices for treatment.

Would love to figure out after dr. hopping who I should truly be going to . . . Terri
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

PaulMark has been to him, but he's not doing well and hasn't been posting lately.

There was a lady here where I live who went to him, but again, I don't think she was much improved.

I really wish someone could tell us that one of these experts has made them well.

Love, Mikie
  3. TerriM

TerriM New Member

I agree . . . that would be great news to hear. I read that Dr. Teitlebaum had CFS himself and is recovered from it, but his methods sound a little radical and he is the one who is $4,500 for the first visit!

My father-in-law had some type of bad fatigue during college for over a year and he recovered from it somehow on his own. He also has a dopamine problem and is now on an SSRI which is great help to him. Per other notes, I've been told I have symptoms of low dopamine & that during a woman's period PMS type symptoms come from seratonin dropping . . . of course seratonin and dopamine work hand in hand in the brain. I guess if there is another neurotransmitter problem (GABA thing) it could throw off others as well . . . my dr. did tell me that dopamine plays a big part in immunity, so i guess it all ties in.

I saw another story about a woman who claims to have recovered from CFS, but said it would never have happened if she hadn't done Reiki. One of the drs. I've seen told me that the body is always trying to "right" itself and sometimes just a med or something to help give it a push can make it happen. My husband's theory is I need to relax and stop dwelling on it and it will go away or "right" itself over time, but I don't think it is quite that simple and I think most everyone here would agree. Not that my hubby is a bad man or anything, but like so many people who haven't experienced it he doesn't understand. He says if it was him, he would be working no matter what . . . easy for someone to say if they haven't experience the cognitive issues . . . there is no way I could perform my formerjob with them. I also find it irritating because I'm a VERY hard worker and hate that I can't work right now.

Sorry, I'm getting off on other tangents.

I was curious as to how expensive Dr. Cheney's Clinic is. I can call and ask them and see what I can find out.

Thanks again!!!! Terri
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for the info. I had not heard the thing about damaged DNA. I'll have to do some researching.

A complete workup, testing, and followup care via phone can run in the neighborhood of $6,000 with Cheney.

Love, Mikie