Dr. David Bell

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DeniseM, Nov 19, 2002.

1. DeniseM

DeniseM New Member

I was lucky enough to get a consult with Dr. David Bell last week. He diagnosed me with fibro, I previously had a diagnosis of CFS, but what he told me was, that he believes it is the same disease, that it just manifests itself differently. He is making a care plan for my doctor that includes pain management which I think is wonderful.

He also told me that he thinks the symptoms stem from lack of circulating blood volume although the mechanism for this is still unkown. He told me of a few of his patients have been helped immensly by receiving daily IV saline solutions. He wants to do a study but there is really no way to do it with a double blind method because people can feel if they are getting IV solutions. Plus the fact that there is no funding for such a study.

Anyway the most important thing he said was... and I quote..."You have a chronic illness caused by a MEDICAL condition through no fault of your own". Everyone remember that ok?

One more thought...I heard on the news the other day that JFK was on a lot of different meds and had a lot of health problems. Well it's funny, the meds he was on sounds a lot like he had FM... interesting...and just speculation..but interesting just the same.
  2. DeniseM

DeniseM New Member

I was lucky enough to get a consult with Dr. David Bell last week. He diagnosed me with fibro, I previously had a diagnosis of CFS, but what he told me was, that he believes it is the same disease, that it just manifests itself differently. He is making a care plan for my doctor that includes pain management which I think is wonderful.

He also told me that he thinks the symptoms stem from lack of circulating blood volume although the mechanism for this is still unkown. He told me of a few of his patients have been helped immensly by receiving daily IV saline solutions. He wants to do a study but there is really no way to do it with a double blind method because people can feel if they are getting IV solutions. Plus the fact that there is no funding for such a study.

Anyway the most important thing he said was... and I quote..."You have a chronic illness caused by a MEDICAL condition through no fault of your own". Everyone remember that ok?

One more thought...I heard on the news the other day that JFK was on a lot of different meds and had a lot of health problems. Well it's funny, the meds he was on sounds a lot like he had FM... interesting...and just speculation..but interesting just the same.
  3. JP

JP New Member

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am happy to know that you are getting support.

And thank you for the reminder below and quote from your doc...

"Anyway the most important thing he said was... and I quote..."You have a chronic illness caused by a MEDICAL condition through no fault of your own". Everyone remember that ok."

None of us want this stuff and it is easy to make up stuff about it all.

Take care,
    Jan
  4. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

JFK had Addison's disease. He had it since he was in the Navy at least. He was rail thin, then when they invented steroids, he started taking them for it and got to be the normal weight he looked when he was pres.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/19/2002]
  5. Roxi

Roxi New Member

On the blood volume thing the"home remedy" is just to drink more fluids. JFK's Addison's Disease is very similar to ours. We have poor adrenal gland function proven in lots of research.
  6. lea

lea Member

So glad you had your consult. I would appreciate any info you can give me. Am I to assume that you saw him in his office in NY? Is he still in NY? What does he charge for his first appt.?
    thank you so much
    best,
    lea

[ advertisement ]