Dr. Enlander & Dr. Kerr Testing for XMRV

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spbm, Oct 23, 2009.

1. spbm

spbm New Member

I went to Dr. Enlander this week, and they drew blood for an XMRV trial he and Jonathan Kerr are doing. They are going to collect and test blood samples from 500 CFS patients. They couldn't tell me how long it would take for the results to come back, but at least we know that more research is under way, and quickly . . .
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

That is great to hear! You'll have to let us know what the results are when you get them.
  3. ulala

ulala New Member

Did you see him in N.Y.? WiIl they give you the results? I assume that you didn't have to pay for the testing? Do you know where the samples will be tested. I think that VIP Labs charges $400.00 for the PCR test, $500.00 for the virus culture test, and/or $650.00 for both tests.
  4. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

Please keep us posted as to your results. Thanks for sharing this..
  5. spbm

spbm New Member

Yes, I saw him in New York, which is where I live. I believe the samples are being shipped to London, where Dr. Kerr will be overseeing the testing. I didn't have to pay anything, presumably because it's for a clinical trial.
  6. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

Is the VIP lab the one set up by the WPI?

I read the WPI would be contracting with a lab to do the testing,
    but wonder if this is the one. Do you know?

7. jimlau

jimlau New Member

i would ask if u will see your results. if the tests are being done by dr. kerr, he seems to have a policy of not letting the participants see their results, even after the study is done.
  8. denis321

denis321 New Member

also re: what jimlau says, you can tell them that people are more likely to participate in a study when they can see their own results. This isn't just intuition; it's actually proven in various medical studies.
  9. NIELK

NIELK Member

I also went to Dr. Enlander last week to draw blood for the study
    with Dr. Kerr. The samples are being shipped to Kerr in England.
    There was no charge but we will not find out our individual results.