Dr. Enlander / Dr. Sharp

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wrthster, Sep 13, 2006.

1. wrthster

wrthster New Member

I am thinking of seeing this doctor. I have heard good things about him. Anyone who uses him and can kind of give me his good and bad points it would be greatly appreciated. And also, on a scale of 1 to 10, and over what period of time has been your approval on his protocol especially from those of you who get frequent bacterial and fungal infections?

I am also considering Dr. Larry Sharp, the same type of feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 09/15/2006</i>]
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I don't personally see Dr. Enlander but had a friend who did (office in Manhattan, right?) and she loved him. Have you read his book? It's poorly edited, unfortunately, so it doesn't have the clout it could had it been but it does give you an idea of his thinking. He's well regarded from what I know.

Oh, and welcome to the board. I see this is your first post. Could you fill out the profile so we can know a little about you? Thanks.

Marta
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 09/14/2006</i>]
  3. SondraJaan

SondraJaan New Member

Hi there, Just wondered if you ever did go see Dr Enlander. I will be seeing him for the first time in a few days I would love to know how your first time went..Please get back to me I am kinda nervous..thanks
  4. wrthster

wrthster New Member

No I have not gone yet. Still trying to decide who is the "right doctor". Maybe you can let me know how your visit goes, and that can help me in my choice. I have spent so much money already, that is why it is taking so long to make a decision.

I will let you know he has an excellent reputation and is supposed to be a really nice guy as well. He is also one of the few CFIDS Experts who even takes insurance which says something about his character, that he really cares and understands are financial situations. Please let me know how your appointment goes, and that me help me make my final decion. Thanks.
  5. SondraJaan

SondraJaan New Member

Hi Again...
    Well, tomorrow Is the big day :)
    I have an appointment with Dr Enlander I have been waiting to see him for over 1 1/2 months.
    Keep your fingers crossed that it will go well and I will be sure to get back to you and let you know How it went.
    I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight(not that I do sleep much at night anyway) lol
    Bye for now
    Sondra
  6. cph13

cph13 Member

Hi! it's only been 4 years since this post LOL&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Any comments on your experiences? I got an appt. in less than a week. I don't know if that's good or bad...ANYONE&lt;BR&gt;
    Thank, nice to be back&lt;BR&gt;
    Cph13&lt;BR&gt;
    Blessings to all
  7. cph13

cph13 Member

Susan2009 Thank U so much for responding. I am totally schocked about the Enlander responses. I have an appt for Tues. I am a &quot;no wait&quot; type of person....as must of us HURT or are tired most of the time. I just can't wait for any dr. &lt;BR&gt;
    My medical transport does not go into NY on the days he is there so I am on my own....NOT a good thing... I may rethink this visit esp. being winter.....We shall see. &lt;BR&gt;
    I did read many of the pro health responses but everything is so OLD, for the most part; even on ratemds.&lt;BR&gt;
    I would rather do vitamins than meds....I will call Dr. Levine and go back to her. I'm so cofused I don't bloody know what to do....My amino's are off (both his and Low) my mood is DOWN and my brain is confused. Thanks for the help! Bless U for taking the TIME and for sharing your knowledge&lt;BR&gt;
    blessings&lt;BR&gt;
    cph
  8. cph13

cph13 Member

Sue,&lt;BR&gt;
    No, U did not at all disuade me. I did not do my due diligence. I was working on old info. I will NOT just cancel with anyone but I WILL follow up on Monday. &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I also just looked up my fav. Dr. Roy Prashad, unfortunately, he is in LI and I don't have a clue. Another person in our situation has family in LI so I will ask her how diff. it would be to get to Roy. Roy fixed me up with klonepin...and would NEVER allow me to take an AD. I will do what is best for my body, mind and WALLET.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I was once pretty active here before the prohealth board changed. I just couldn't get used to the new format when I came back. I found, the older posts were so much easier on the old forum to search. (Can't teach an ol' dog new tricks, woof!)&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I've also been playing ostrich with my condition. It is now at the point that I am so far out of the loop I can't catch up with all the new info i.e. methylation, XMRV, Yasko/Rich, ME yikes!. TMI (too much information) My pcp has no clue about it, however sympathetic, when things go awry, one needs answers. I don't comprehend as I used too, forget, foggy..... all the stuff we are ALL dealing with.&lt;BR&gt;
    I posted my situation to Rich's post where he was promoting a site. I was so scared.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I couldn't get my prob. to post on the methaylation site. I didn't even know about Yasko. I finally got there, too. I've read some of Rich's stuff years ago but was my DH's caregiver at the time. &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I thank you ever so much for pointing things out to me...I'm all FOGGED UP as they say 8-P&lt;BR&gt;
    Have a Happy, Healthy NY&lt;BR&gt;
    Namaste.&lt;BR&gt;
    PS-can I send a PRIVATE message to someone? I don't recall how we used to do that?&lt;BR&gt;
  9. wrthster

wrthster New Member

Hi,&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Wow i can't believe you found this post. I did see him one and was not impressed. I think an understanding and good internest can do the same thing. He prescribes valcyte and will treat for Lyme if need be. His injections of kutapressin mixed with his stuff in my opinion is a joke. I question how its prepared in terms of being sanitary. To me, there was very little he could offer vs. anyone else. I would keep looking, just my opinion. Best of luck.