Dr for antiviral???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acuario, Jul 27, 2006.

1. acuario

acuario New Member

hi everybody. does anyone knows what doctor treats stealth viruses and prescribes antivirals???

thank you all.

acuario
  2. winsomme

winsomme New Member

on what you mean by "stealth viruses". there was a Dr John Martin who believes he has found a newly adapted virus called the "stealth virus". he believes that there is one in particular virus that came from simians and has something to do with the polio vaccine and the virus is related to the human cytomegalovirus (CMV) which is a herpes virus.

there is a lot of info if you Google you will find it. i don't know who treats this virus specifically, but there are quite a few DRs who will treat CFS with herpes antivirals.

Dr Lerner near Detroit uses Valtrex and Valcyte.

Dr Dantini i FL i believe uses Valtrex and maybe Famvir and he does phone consults.

Dr Montoya at Stanford is apparently using Valcyte for HHV-6

i think the FFCs are using Valtrex.

and Dr Peterson in Nevada uses IV anti-herpes meds, maybe Cidofovir or Foscarnet....maybe one of his patients can confirm.

i can find the contact info on these DRs if you want it. or if you put a new post with any of these DRs names in it, yo should find people who have actaully seen them.

i can tell you more about Dr Lerner and Dr DAntini if you want.

let me know.

thanks
    bill
  3. acuario

acuario New Member

thank you so much both of you.
    Fight4acure and Winsome. I am so happy for you Fight that you are improving so much with the antivirals. I think I gat all my symptoms after I got a flu. I have 6 years like this. my main problem is fogy brain. and whenever I get another flu or cold I dont feel it coming because I always feel stuffy head/fogy brain. I know I have a flu because of runy nose and fever.

Winsome thank you for all your info. yes I would appreciate for more info on these drs. I live in Southern California. I would like to try Valtrex or Acyclovir. can you give me more info on dr Dantini, the telephone, please. do you know where I can find info on FFC clinics in my area or state. I just got PPO insurance.
    Thank you so much, I hope you get well soon.

Acuario
  4. winsomme

winsomme New Member

Acuario

Dr Jose Montoya - Infectious Disease

Infectious Disease
    300 Pasteur Dr
    A175, MC 5309
    Stanford, CA 94305
    (650) 723-6961

FFCs wwebiste:

www.fibroandfatigue.com

there definitely is an FFC in the LA area. if you put up a post on this site requesting info on the FFCs in So. Cal, i'm sure you will find people who have actually been there.

Dr Dantini's webstie:

www.4fibromyalgia.com

if you post a question about Dr Dantini, i'm many will respond because i ahve seen many posts in the past about people who have consulted with him and he will do the whole thing over the phone and through the mail if you can't get there to see him.

there is also an Infectious Disease Dr in Torrance, CA (near LA). he believes a portion of CFS is due to viruses called enterovirus. i don't think he uses the herpes antivirals, but he does i believe use Interferons as a treatment to fight back the virus.

Dr John Chia

23560 Crenshaw Blvd., #101
    Torrance, CA 90505
    (310) 784-5880

i am planning on seeing Dr Chia in mid-August. i think if you want to see either Dr Montoya or Dr Chia, you will need to get a referral from your primary care Doc. that shouldn't be too bad. just tell your Doc that these DRs have been having some success with CFS and that you would like to get a consultation with them.

let me know if you have any more questions. i'd be happy to try and help.

thanks
    bill
  5. winsomme

winsomme New Member

FFC Affiliates
    Los Angeles
    Holtorf Medical Group
    23456 Hawthorne Blvd. Suite 160
    Torrance, CA 90505
    Phone: 310-375-2705
    Fax: 310-375-2701