Dr. Frank's No Pain Spray

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, Aug 13, 2006.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Hi everyone - I saw this advertised on TV last night. It is a homeopathic remedy you spray under your tongue that supposedly relieves all kinds of muscle and joint pains, including those of fibromyalgia. It costs $19.95 a bottle. The website says you have to use it faithfully 3 or 4 times every day for it to work, and it can take a few days to a few weeks to get results.

I have no idea at all if it works or is a scam. I don't have FM pain (just CFIDS) so won't be trying it myself but thought I would pass this on for others.

If you google "no pain spray" you can read about it and order it. It's not sold in stores. Actually on the official website for this product they have a link for fibromyalgia, and actually say that when ordering to tell them if you have FM because the doctor wants to follow those patients themselves.

And that's all I know about this, so I can't answer any questions, you'd have to go to the website or call them.

Mary
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

You very well could be right, chances are it's junk.

But the fact that doctors don't know about it means nothing to me. I've never had a regular doctor recommend any homeopathic remedy to me, but that doesn't mean that homeopathy is worthless.

I've only had one doctor out of several recommend anything like magnesium or CoQ10 or l-carnitine and other supplements which hvae been proven to help with CFIDS and FM. So the fact the most doctors know nothign about these supplements just tells me that most doctors are ignorant, and not that the supplements are worthless.

But I know we're all tired of hearing that this or that magic product will give back our energy or relieve pain and most of the time it's crap.

But there's always a chance that something might be for real, which is why I posted this.

Mary
  3. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

My husband ordered this for me quite a while back. At first I thought it was working, the pain did not seem as bad. I quit taking my otc pain meds that it was not the spray.

The worse part was that when you sign up they keep sending it to you, (it was suppose to be 30 days). Right before I canceled it they sent me a new supply within two weeks. I had a hard time canceling it also. I called the toll free number and it had been disconnected. I did finally get it canceled online.

I personally would not recomend it.

Pam
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Good luck on your search re neurotransmitters. I am not up on that, right now I don't have the energy for anything so complicated.

For what it's worth, I do know that acetyl-l-carnitine crosses the blood brain barrier (unlike l-carnitine) but I don't know if this is relevant to what you are researching.

Additionally, amino acid l-theanine helps the brain produce GABA (a neurotransmitter) and helps stimulate hte production of alpha waves, so it would seem that it must cross the blood brain barrier as well. But again I don't know if this is relevant to you.

Sometimes I feel like the answer must be just around the corner (this is when I have a good day), but then I will crash the next day and want to throw it all up. And it goes on and on and on --

Take care --

Mary