Dr. Hal Blatman

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rain122865, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

Hi I am hoping to find someone that has been to this doctor or has heard anything about them. He is located in Cincinnati, Ohio. I found his name on the good doctors list here but would like to hear from anyone that knows anything about him.I have been to so many doctors and have spent a small fortune on them that I hate the thought of trying yet again "another" doctor just to be told nothing. Not to mention the let down I always have afterwards, I always think THIS will be THE doctor. And of course I come home with nothing new except you have CFS and FM. I have a hard time getting up, showered, dressed and getting there it is like a mini marathon and if anyone knows anything about him at all please let me know. Thanks!
  2. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

Hi I am hoping to find someone that has been to this doctor or has heard anything about them. He is located in Cincinnati, Ohio. I found his name on the good doctors list here but would like to hear from anyone that knows anything about him.I have been to so many doctors and have spent a small fortune on them that I hate the thought of trying yet again "another" doctor just to be told nothing. Not to mention the let down I always have afterwards, I always think THIS will be THE doctor. And of course I come home with nothing new except you have CFS and FM. I have a hard time getting up, showered, dressed and getting there it is like a mini marathon and if anyone knows anything about him at all please let me know. Thanks!
  3. sapphire

sapphire New Member

Sorry I can't help you. Just bumping this up and maybe someone will come along that can help you.
    I hope you find a good Dr. soon. They sure are hard to come by.

Sapphire
  4. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

and hoping for an answer
  5. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

and hoping for an answer.
  6. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

I think I will try him and see, he is only a few miles from my home. And no I didn't attend the walk for awareness so must be 2 Rains out there and sorry to sound ignorant but who is Devin Starlanyl?
  7. robbyd

robbyd New Member

My wife just saw him for the first time yesterday -- he seemed like he knew an awful lot about pain.

He went over her entire her entire body, finding trigger points that are causing her head and muscle pains. He also talked a lot about nutrition. He hates diet sodas and margarine.

He gave her some daily exercises and stretches using a rubber ball to help her muscles, some pills for Epstein-Barr and he plans to do injections in about a month.

He diagnosed her with myofascial pain. He said he didn't think it was fibromyalgia, although he wasn't ruling it out.

I liked him because he seemed to know A TON about what he's doing. Unlike all the other doctors my wife has seen, he specializes in chronic pain, so he's not just trying to get you out of the office.

8. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

I'm going to bump my post on "How to find a good CFS/FM dr." Among other things, it has a guideline on which questions to ask the receptionist, when you call for information on the dr. (The second post presents an example.) While I didn't have the benefit of this information at the time I found my dr., like you I was burnt out and very pessimistic about finding a good dr. But, I asked questions and amazingly some of them were listed on this "how to" information.

Hope this helps,
    Annette
  9. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

Just wanted to thank you both very much for your responses. I have not been on here much for the past month. I have not been feeling well. But I really appreciate your answers. And thank you so much Rob for all the detail, if you have time would you please give me an update on how the follow up vists go? Right now, with the holidays coming and not feeling well if I try this new Dr. It is going to have to wait. I would like to know how the progress is going if you have time. Thanks again
    Rain