dr in san francisco bay area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Jul 8, 2011.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I'm a bedridden sr who no longer can sleep which worsens my symptoms.

Know of any?

2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

dr. jose montoya at stanford...long waiting list

dr. andreas kogelnik..he used to work with montoya

3. sascha

sascha Member

i have a PCP i go to for regular stuff and i see Dr. Montoya down at Stanford once or twice a year. i went on anti-virals based on his advice. i wasn't part of his first big study because i tested negative for EBV. i'm on anti-virals permanently now. i tested very high for HVV6. it's under control now due to AVs. i did get help with some cfids symptoms following long course of AVs.

you can arrange to see Dr. Montoya, but it would be a wait. i'm glad i saw him because i got tested for a range of pathogens i wouldn't otherwise have been found out about. i am in his current study as one of many cfids patients who went for blood testing for 60 or so pathogens. there's a healthy control group being tested also. won't know results for a while.

have you been dx'd with cfids? or fibro? there is a support group for cfids/fm in san francisco, and maybe they'd be able to give you inf. see if you can find it online- sorry i don't have web address handy. i know they have a doctor list- good luck to you- best, sascha