Dr. In St. Louis

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lindastlmo, Aug 3, 2006.

1. lindastlmo

lindastlmo New Member

Does anyone know of a good doctor in St. Louis that workd with Frobro patiens and is understand to the conditions.

Thanks,
    Linda
  2. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

His name is Dr. Buenger. He is a pain management doctor. Let me know if you need any more information.
  3. lindastlmo

lindastlmo New Member

Thanks for the info.. I will check him out.
  4. Golde58

Golde58 New Member

Hi Linda:

I live in St. Louis and have had CFS for 2 years the first round and 6 years this last round. I do not have Fibro, but was told that there is a great doctor (listens to her patients) by the name of Dr. Rachael Fienberg on S. New Ballas Road. She apparently treats patients with Fibro. I also have been told that their is a Fibro support group that meets in Kirkwood (?), but I'm still looking for a CFS support group.

Good luck and let us know if you have any success!

Take care-

Kim
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Have you found a doctor that treats CFS?
  6. lindastlmo

lindastlmo New Member

I just found the following info and thought it may be helpful for you.

Fibromyalgia Support Group.is located at Memorial Hospital, 4500 Memorial Dr. in Belleville. The support group is for anyone who has fibromyalgia. Friends and family are welcome. The group meets at 7 p.m. the thired Tuesday of March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October. For more information call 618-234-8555.

Let me know how it goes. It would be too far for me but I am looking for one in Kirkwood and found this for you.
  7. bozey

bozey New Member

I have called that Dr. Feinberg(spelling) and they told me last year that she does not do Fibro patients.

There is a Fibro Support Group at St. Joes Hosp. in Kirkwood. They used to meet the last Tues. of the month for an hour. They start at 10:30 I believe. It's been close to a year since I've been there.

bozey
  8. lindastlmo

lindastlmo New Member

I will try that Support group. That is perfect timing for me. Maybe someone there would know of an understanding Doc. Thanks.
  9. lindastlmo

lindastlmo New Member

LittleBluestem,
    Check out this website. Not sure if it will help or not. If I hear of any doc in SL I will let you know.

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/ConsConditions/ChronicFatigueSyndromecc.html
  10. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Thank-you for the lead. I will definitely check it out. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, whether or not it proves to be helpful.
  11. lv2sing

lv2sing New Member

I saw a Dr. Guarino at Barnes West Pain Clinic. It is on Mason Rd, just off of Olive. Easy to find. He treated me for fibro & back problems for 3 yrs, before I found a local Dr that could treat me. He used meds, & nerve blocks. He is very "dry", but I didn't care because he is the 1st doctor that ever helped me! They are at 969 N. Mason Rd. Suite 240, St. Louis, unless they changed suites, which they have done before. Their # is 314-996-8631. Easiest directions are 70w to 40, to 270n (unless you are in St. Louis, just do the 270). Left on Olive, go 1 mileleft to Mason Rd. Up about 1/2 mile, on right side. Brick red building. Hope this helps. Can't remember if you need a referral or not. I'm thinking I had one from my neurosurgeon that I consulted with. Best of luck! I wish you well!!
  12. GLASTETTER

GLASTETTER New Member

DR SANDRA S HOFFMANN
    5000 CEDAR PLAZA PARKWAY SUITE 220
    ST LOUIS MO 63128
    PHONE IS
    314-845-9010

SHE IS REALLY GOOD
    GOOD LUCK
    BARBARA
  13. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

Dr Philip Brick he is on highway 94 he is awsome.He helped my hubby get dissability and helps with pain management,Notonce has e acted like he didn't believe him.But he is not a rheumy but his letters to ssi got my hubby his social security, He will need to see you first and begin treatment than take it from there. Ruthie Ps He is also my doctor and has been wonderfull for 10 years.